Fractal Design launched the Define S2 gaming computer case, a new version of its tried and tested Define S gaming computer case released almost three years ago. The Define S2 comes in four different options: Black, Blackout, Gunmetal and White. The design of the new Define S2 case is centered around Fractal Design’s zero-obstruction formula which is a case design standard for prioritize silent, high-performance cases.
Airflow is a top priority of the Fractal Design Define S2 case. There are over nine total fan positions, and the main intake on the front of the case has been made 15% larger that its predecessor. Liquid cooling is also taken into consideration. The top of the case is able to sport a 420mm radiator which also includes a custom made bracket for easy install. The top also includes a removable fill port for easy access. The front of the case is able to fit a 360mm radiator. Liquid cooling pumps and reservoirs are also supported with customized mounting options.
The front I/O panel includes support for USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C. Underneath the the front panel the Fractal Design Define S2 also comes with three Dynamic Z2 fans. A seamless bolt-free tempered glass side panel makes up the entirety of the left side.
Specifications of the Fractal Design Define S2 Case
- Seamless, scratch-resistant tempered glass side panel
- Optimized for silence with high-density industrial dampening on side, top and front panels
- Full USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with support for fast charging and up to 10Gbps transfer speeds
- Nine fan positions with intuitive layout and clear airflow paths for massive cooling capacity
- Extensive water cooling support with room for radiators up to 420 mm in the top, 360 mm in the front, and 280 mm in the base
- Full-length power supply shroud hides excess cables for a clean interior and features a removable panel for installation of larger front radiators
- Third generation ModuVent™ technology gives users a choice between a soundproof steel cover or filtered multi-fan ventilation setup in the top panel
- Easy-to-clean high airflow nylon filters on the front, top, and base with full PSU coverage and front access for convenience
- Nexus+ Smart Hub offers superior control of six additional case fans and three PWM devices via your motherboard
- Three Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 140 mm fans come pre-installed with dual intakes and rear exhaust for optimal airflow right out of the box
- Concealed drive mounts for up to three 3.5″ HDDs leave ample forward space for reservoirs and advanced water cooling setups
- Customizable 2.5” storage solution with two brackets and a choice of four locations to hide drives beneath the motherboard tray or display them prominently on top of the PSU shroud
- Sleek anodized aluminum front panel with sound absorbent inlay
Product Information: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s2-black-tg