Cooler Master has just announced the release of its latest in ATX PC cases, the MasterBox Q500L which features a solid steel construction targeted at budget minded PC builders. The new case which features an MSRP of just $59.99 USD packs in features such as full ATX motherboard support, built in dust filters, and USB 3.0 ports.
Cooling is provided by a single pre-installed 120mm fan at the rear of the case. The MasterBox Q500L has the ability to pack in five more 120mm fans for a grand total of six all together.
- Minimized Dimensions for Standard ATX – The MasterBox Q500L supports standard ATX motherboards and PSUs, with a body depth and height of only 386 x 381mm.
- Fully Perforated Chassis – The top, front, rear, and bottom panels are fully perforated to offer airflow for various cooling configurations.
- Movable I/O Panel – Orientation for the chassis is versatile, with the option to move the I/O panel to retain accessibility.
- Vertical and Horizontal Position – The case can be oriented vertically or horizontally. Rubberized screws also function as feet to supplement horizontal orientation.
- Vertical PSU Placement – The PSU is positioned on the front of the chassis to fully utilize internal space. The bracket can be relocated depending on hardware configuration and motherboard form factor.
- Magnetic Dust Filters – The magnetic dust filters feature a unique design. Magnets allow for quick removal and installation for easy cleaning of the dust filters with rubber stoppers to keep the filters in place.
- Clean Routing Space – Behind the motherboard tray, 27-30mm width of space is offered for cable management with the entire perimeter acting as a channel for cables.
- Edge-to-Edge Transparent Side Panel – The side panel displays system builds in full view.
More information about the case can be found over at Cooler Master’s product page.
Cooler Master MasterBox Q500L Specifications
|Product Name||MasterBox Q500L|
|Materials – Body||Steel, Plastic|
|Materials – Windowed Side Panel||Acrylic|
|Dimensions||386(L) x 230(W) x 381(H) mm|
|Motherboard Support||Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX|
|5.25″ Drive Bays||0|
|Combo 3.5″ / 2.5″ Drive Bays||2 (each bay supports: 1 HDD or 2 SSDs)|
|2.5″ SSD Drive Bays||0|
|I/O Panel – USB Ports||USB 3.0 x 2|
|I/O Panel – Audio In / Out||1 x 3.5mm Audio Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Mic Jack|
|Pre-installed Fan(s) – Rear||120mm x 1|
|Fan Support – Top||120mm x 2 or 140mm x 2|
|Fan Support – Rear||120mm x 1|
|Fan Support – Bottom||120mm x 2|
|Radiator Support – Top||120 / 240mm (35mm max motherboard component height)|
|Radiator Support – Rear||120mm|
|Clearance – CPU Cooler||160mm / 6.29 inch|
|Clearance – Power Supply||180mm / 7.08 inch|
|Clearance – Graphics Card||360mm / 14.17 inch (270mm clearance with PSUs longer than 160mm)|
|Cable Routing – Behind MB Tray||27~30mm|
|Power Supply Support||Top front mount, ATX PS2|