Kingston released info on a brand new SSD today under its HyperX brand targeted at high end system builders and gamers. The HyperX Fury RGB SSD is an internal high performance SSD which has some pretty unique features such as dual interface, integrated RGB LEDs while designed to deliver maximum performance.
The HyperX Fury RGB SSD comes equipped with standard SATA 6Gbps interface. Additionally, the drive comes with a micro USB port that serves two functions. First you can use it as an external drive if you wish, or you can connect the drive into either the standard ARGB header or internal USB header on the motherboard. This allows you to control the onboard LEDs via popular motherboard software. The HyperX Fury RGB SSD comes in two different configurations. The “Bundle Package” comes with the drive, a 3.5 to 2.5″ adapter, a custom portable SSD connector and a USB cable. The base package includes just the drive and a license to Acronis True Image.
The new SSD features a Marvell 88SS1074 controller which drives up to 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB or 960 GB of 3D TLC NAND flash memory. The drive is rated at 550MB/s sequential read speeds, with up to 480MB/s write speeds.
No pricing or release date was provided by Kingston. We will post updates once we learn more.
HyperX FURY RGB SSD Specifications:
- Interface: 2.5”
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS1074
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write: 240GB-960GB — up to 550/480MB/s
- Power Consumption: 0.2W Idle / 0.6W Avg. / 1.2W (MAX) Read / 2.5 W (MAX) Write
- Dimensions: 100.14mm x 69.85mm x 9.5mm
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Weight: 165g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 240GB — 120TB
- 480GB — 240TB
- 960GB — 480TB