S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  

Page 1 / 19
  RSS
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

i found this....
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

i'm pretty sure a patch is a fix and a mod is a modifacation but i've never downloading anything but apps and torrents so i'm unsure what's what.
will this change my game or just add another game in addition to.
this game is awesome, i like everything about it. i bought (not pirated ,,lol) all 3 and am at X16 in chernobyl. i'm still getting stuff figured out but i'm getting there.
thank you so much,
-Llotse

Posted : 05/10/2010 1:09 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

That URL just links to the Shadow of Chernobyl forums. Can you provide a proper link? By the way, keep an eye on your PDA "diary" and "encyclopedia" sections.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2010 1:12 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@Jester 38635 wrote:

That URL just links to the Shadow of Chernobyl forums. Can you provide a proper link? By the way, keep an eye on your PDA "diary" and "encyclopedia" sections.

i dont know why the link did not go direct but if you open the 'Mod Downloads page and go to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Priboi Story by dez0wave
(will that work ? lol) you'll see what i mean.
what i need to know is how do mods work? if i download one, will it change my game or do i have to do something else to make it work?
sorry for being such a n00b but once i know, i know and then i'm ok.
thanks again,
-Llotse

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2010 1:27 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

That's a complete mod. New campaign, added mutants, new weapons, etc. Details here. But you cannot use these mods with your current save files since it's a completely new story. You'll have to start a new game. The installation instructions are provided. For most mods, to install them just put the gamedata folder (this is the mod) into C:Program Files (x86)THQS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. By the way, dez0wave and his team are working on a new mod that everyone is dying for. It's called Lost Alpha. Here are the details. Basically the purpose is to bring back old cut content like the old levels (much larger) and it also has a new story and many features from Priboi story, but reworked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2010 1:57 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

:jester:thank you so much Jester.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2010 3:18 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

hey Jester, i've just come back from X16 w/ the documents for the barkeep. why are the Duty soldiers attacking me now when i enter the city and try to leave ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 12:08 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Did you attack them? Or accidentally harm one of them. If you kill anyone on Rostok territory (doesn't have to be Duty) they will be your enemies. Did you try to enter the area where the guard says is closed to outsiders? Also which patch are you using?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 12:16 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

oh no..........i killed 2 Duty soldiers when i was leaving X16...they were coming down the road and i just fended off 2 of those mutants who crawl around on all 4 and i was a bit trigger happy perhaps. i gotta restart from the beginning to fix this hu ? if i load the autosave, it doesnt go back far enough in the storyline.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 12:20 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

You can continue the game... to make your life easier you might want to take out all of the Duty soldiers in Rostok. Later you might want to do missions for Freedom since they are against Duty and you can make good money.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 12:26 pm
Devil Dogs SF
(@devil-dogs-sf)
Trusted

I'd just go with Freedom faction then, besides it can be fun fighting through Rostok using Guerilla tactics xD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 6:13 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

i cleared and restarted the game. everyone in Rostok was shooting at me and the p.a. system was announcing that my traitorous, murdering self had penetrated the perimiter. lmao
i think it was the grenades i launched at the gate. 😎
dam... i just bought the SEVA suit from the professor along w/ the Tunder S14 assault rifle w/ t3h grenade launcher and i picked up the Sniper TRs-301 on my way back too. oh well, got a pistol and a sawed-off shotgun again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2010 8:54 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

No need to buy SEVA suits anyway. You can get a bunch for free. One stash has it in the house in the Wild Territory (coordinates required of course) and you can do Sakharov's artifact hunt missions which never end. Usually giving him an Urchin gets you a SEVA Suit as a reward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2010 11:34 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

i was looking at your wiki page. you dont play the online game, just the single player version on your pc ?
as you know i've been interested in mods / patch's etc. and i found a 1.0003 US version that tells me i need 1.0001 but appearantly that one is not available anymore on the pages i found.
i've never used mods or patches on my games, with the exception of Sniper Elite, i just play them through to the end and then chuck em and start the next one but this game is differant. i want to expand it and really delve into it.
oh well, any linkage for patches or mods you think i might like would be greatly appreciated since you seem to be the STALKER afficianado here.
kindest regards,
-Llotse 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2010 2:11 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Patches are a necessity. Especially for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - they're very buggy without them, except for Call of Pripyat. Use only patch 1.0005, the latest version. No previous ones are necessary. You can't use your old save games though, most likely.

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/STALKER_World_Wide_Patch;84305

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2010 11:24 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

what about the 1.0006 US patch listed in the column on the right ?
(hey, how many stalker sigs do you see on my post ? i see one stalker and one led zep when i log on from home but when i log in from the library, i see 2 stalker sigs.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2010 9:54 am
Page 1 / 19
Share:

Please Login or Register