Wasteland 3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by grompz grompz 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    grompz
    grompz
    Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Yeeeah. I guess multiplayer was inevitable. Vehicles are cool. I can’t get too excited though because they delayed Torment in order to make it a better console game. Doesn’t fly well with me.

grompz
    grompz

I’ve thought they delay it for localization reasons, did I missed something?

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

I think one delay was for localization and another for consolification. hungrysilva_zps9ebx6sdj.png

grompz
    grompz

Well that doesn’t mean we will end up with a dumbed down product (I don’t think InXile would do such a thing) although some fears about the ergonomy of the UI and optimization might be legitimate. What I except from a Torment game is a good writing quality, deep character developement and a decent amount of roleplay and gameplay diversity so it falls somewhere on the tier 3 RPG (according to your article).

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

I have read that the UI was somewhat consolified. Since I preordered it straight from inXile I can’t confirm as I do not have early access. We’ll see I guess. Optimization is another concern like you say, even though it’s a 2.5D game.

I expect the same stuff with Wasteland 3. Wasteland 2 was made for PC and ported to consoles later. I think the third will be made with both systems in mind from the beginning, and PC will suffer somewhat because of it. If the suffering is only delays then that’s ok.

Enad
    Enad

Really cool setting, excited for this but I’m not sure I’m gonna back them on that weird new crowdsourcing website. Seems a little fishy that it’s their own website they created.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like