Questions

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JFlash 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

JFlash

Just been wandering about careers later in life… i was hoping to get a technology degree and go work at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida as an imagineer making sounds, and stuff using computers… I’ve taken a back stage tour there with all the technology back in August it was a amazing… I figured i need to learn more about hardware so teach me somethings guys!

First question!
    How do you chose a graphics card that will work with your system..?

Please let me know i will be very appreciated for everyone’s input.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

At the very least, you’re going to need 4 of these in SLI, otherwise you may as well just forget about it. ๐Ÿ˜

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-DisplayPort-Profesional-Graphics-VCQ6000-PB/dp/B0044XUD1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355210679&sr=8-1&keywords=quadro+plex+7000

5000oview.png

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

^^^GND status material right there

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

I’m surprised Clam doesn’t already have one. ๐Ÿ˜€

JFlash

Holy #$*%… 3000 dollars That’s F#[email protected]#$% crazy! Any cheaper ones..?

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

Maybe Nvidia will let us review one! …or four.

@jflash, yeah that one is the professional lineup for GPU processing. But performance comes with a price. You can pick up some mainstream ones like the GT 620, 630, 640 for pretty cheap for < $100. But if you wanted to go high end, like the GTX 680, 670, 660, they range from $150-600

JFlash

Alright i was S#*%! So expensive.. So how can you tell if it will work for your system..?

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

They all go in the same way and use the same socket which is PCI-E (PCI Express) (Peripheral Component Interconnect – Express)

:tongue:

remixedcat

just be sure you got a big enough mobo, case, and a decent cooler.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

@jflash 114958 wrote:

Alright i was S#*%! So expensive.. So how can you tell if it will work for your system..?

Your system would be built around those cards. At least one, probably 2 x i7-990X cpu’s, a large, full size case, multiple PSU’s, a complete custom water-cooling loop, SSD’s…the whole enchilada.
    I mean, you did say “Disney”, right ?
    No screwin around there, that’s the big leagues Amigo. Ye ‘ole ‘Hewlett Packard/Dual Core on sale @ Best Buy’ rig is so not gonna cut it there. Come big or go home.
    That’s how they roll in Orlando, so ya better start savin up your schekels now. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    *actually, it’s Kissimmee, Fla. but I’m sure you’ll figure that out once you get down there.

remixedcat

they be usin that and a supercluster or super computers yo!

JFlash

Wait… What I just want to work there no matter what the price.. I love’d it there been there like 10 times

remixedcat

wow that’s cool.

JFlash

I can tell your being sarcastic :/

remixedcat

no… i’d like to go down there too…. or to any theme park…. I looooove coasters!!!! imma coaster freak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like