High temp on my Athlon II X4 620

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rock Houzy 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Evire

Hi there everybody!

I want to make this post because I need your help. I have a Athlon II X4 620 @ 3,18ghz running stock cooler and a HAF 932 case.

My bios settings are:
    CPU buss frequency: 245
    CPU ration: 13.00x
    CPU Voltage: 1.3500

Problem is that it runs at 47C at idle… I though this CPU would be cooler, especially with my HAF 932. And yes, I just cleaned the case, so there are no dust inside.

EDIT: Just set it to normal @2,6ghz. Running 45C idle…

Evire

Maybe it is the thermal compound?
    I did not apply any at my first assembly because there where compound on the cooler.
    But I do got some Noctua NT-H1 Premium grade thermal compound laying around.

Spaiker

Thermal compound only drops the temps by a few degrees, so unless you had really bad one (like stock) this can be the issue. I have, however heard of some guys that that cpu runs hot on stock cooler. they bought an aftermarket cooler, and the temps dropped very hard. Maybe that would be a better idea if you have a spare 25$/€.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

@spaiker 53330 wrote:

Thermal compound only drops the temps by a few degrees, so unless you had really bad one (like stock) this can be the issue. I have, however heard of some guys that that cpu runs hot on stock cooler. they bought an aftermarket cooler, and the temps dropped very hard. Maybe that would be a better idea if you have a spare 25$/€.

Paste application has more of an effect on temperatures than the type of paste used. Unfortunately, my knowledge of AMD is very limited so for all I know your temps might be normal.

Rock Houzy
    Participant

The assumption is that athlon-ii-x4-620/ is with AMD processor, AMD always gone heated..There are not the basic fact that whether there is dust or not, you just use dual fan with compatibility.Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like