Got my new graphics card installed :D

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  daskyizbloo 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

daskyizbloo

I’ve had my Radeon 6770 for a while and just got around to installing it. It’s a big improvement from on board graphics. I thought I would show it to you guys.

http://s786.photobucket.com/user/daskyizbloo/library/
    Sorry about the low resolution webcam pictures.

Specs:

-AMD A8 5600K Quad core ~3.9 GHz
    -4 GB RAM (Upgrading soon)
    -Asus F2 A55-M LE (Quite low end I know)
    -Logisys 550 Watt PSU (This is my cousin’s old one i’m upgrading to modular soon)
    -Windows 7 Home Premium

Anyways just sharing.

Gurk

Not bad, not bad. Your photobucket appears to be private so we can’t see the pictures, might be best just to link them using the img function buttons. :good:

Enad
    Enad

Do you only play Minecraft, or are there real games that you play?

If not, the upgrade may have been useless, Minecraft is heavily CPU dependent, and you seem to have that covered already.

daskyizbloo

I have BF4, GMod, Portal 2, GTA SA, and of course Minecraft.

daskyizbloo

Anyone know of a good modular power supply? I’d prefer ThermalTake…

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Not bad so far. Get a Seasonic G series PSU, they’re the best value by far. The 550W is more than enough.

On a side note, I recommend the game Rising Storm. Twice the game compared to BF4, much more polished, only $10 right now, and some of us here at GND-Tech play it. It’s easier to run too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/

daskyizbloo

Alright, i’ll look at that PSU tomorrow. I’m going out to Fry’s (the electronics store here) tomorrow to look at new parts :D.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

If they don’t have it, then look at Corsair and OCZ ZX or ZS.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

@jester 119088 wrote:

On a side note, I recommend the game Rising Storm. Twice the game compared to BF4, much more polished, only $10 right now, and some of us here at GND-Tech play it. It’s easier to run too.

:lmao:

Twice the game ?! It’s not even half the game !

Don’t listen to Gonad and Joker, daskyizbloo, if you like Minecraft ? Fine, don’t worry about what someone else think’s a ‘real game’ is and don’t waste the $10.00 on that turd of a multiplayer game, Rising Storm.
    The servers are going to be empty soon, if they aren’t already. * :eyeroll:

If you want an awesome fps multiplayer and Battlefield isn’t for you, get Arma 3. At least you’ll still have a great game and…people populating the servers that you can actually play with.

* ‘Beavis & Butthead’ always seem to omit that little crucial kernel of information whenever they go touting Red Orchestra just to break people’s balls for laughs.

Enad
    Enad

@lhotse 119092 wrote:

@jester 119088 wrote:

Twice the game ?! It’s not even half the game !

Don’t listen to Gonad and Joker, daskyizbloo, if you like Minecraft ? Fine, don’t worry about what someone else think’s a ‘real game’ is and don’t waste the $10.00 on that turd of a multiplayer game, Rising Storm.
    The servers are going to be empty soon, if they aren’t already. * :eyeroll:

If you want an awesome fps multiplayer and Battlefield isn’t for you, get Arma 3. At least you’ll still have a great game and…people populating the servers that you can actually play with.

* ‘Beavis & Butthead’ always seem to omit that little crucial kernel of information whenever they go touting Red Orchestra just to break people’s balls for laughs.

I don’t really tout Red Orchestra lol. I hardly play it. Though he’s right it has twice the amount of content as any Battlefield game. It’s okay if it was too complicated for you, Battlefield 4 is a casual game for casual gamers. If that’s what you prefer OKAY. Jester was merely informing him of a game that offers a more serious and realistic experience as well as offering double the content(or more). Rising Storm is $10 and it contains RO2 as well as Rising Storm it’s self, so for someone looking to get into a quality MP shooter, there it is. And PLEASE don’t give me anything about BF4 being a quality game, regardless of your opinion on it, that game is a mess right now.

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

Nothing like new GPU smell. 😀

OCZ power supplies are built pretty well so I’d go with Jester’s suggestion. Thermaltake’s are good as long as you get a high end one such as from their Toughpower lineup. Cooler Master is another decent alternative.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

@enad 119094 wrote:

I don’t really tout Red Orchestra lol. I hardly play it. Though he’s right it has twice the amount of content as any Battlefield game. It’s okay if it was too complicated for you, Battlefield 4 is a casual game for casual gamers. If that’s what you prefer OKAY. Jester was merely informing him of a game that offers a more serious and realistic experience as well as offering double the content(or more). Rising Storm is $10 and it contains RO2 as well as Rising Storm it’s self, so for someone looking to get into a quality MP shooter, there it is. And PLEASE don’t give me anything about BF4 being a quality game, regardless of your opinion on it, that game is a mess right now.

What good is a ‘multi-player’ game, without players ? Red Orchestra 2/Red Storm is dead ! You know, I know it..everyone knows it. Nobody is playing that game enough to warrant spending good money on it, so I don’t know why he would recommend it to anyone, at any price and they’ve pretty much patched all the bugs out of BF 4. Nothing to complain about anymore. All things considered, for a new release, it wasn’t so bad, I’ve seen a lot worse.
    Battlefield is the scion of multiplayer fps gaming. The best of the best and everyone knows it and just because you can’t hang against real players without getting pwned like a noob and prefer to play singleplayer against AI on ‘Easy’ mode, so you can feel like a real gamer, doesn’t mean daskyizbloo isn’t up for the challenge and if he like’s Minecraft instead, who are you to imply that it’s not a …how did you word it ? Ahh yes, a ‘real game’.
    Instead of trying to be a gaming snob and dispensing advice on things you don’t know much about..like multiplayer games..lol.. you should stick too things you are good at..like banning people for bumping old threads and stuff like that. :rules:

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Ah, lolse comes in and drags the thread way off topic again.

@lhotse 119099 wrote:

What good is a ‘multi-player’ game, without players ? Red Orchestra 2/Red Storm is dead ! You know, I know it..everyone knows it. Nobody is playing that game enough to warrant spending good money on it, so I don’t know why he would recommend it to anyone, at any price[/quote]

Spreading the false information already I see. Rising Storm has thousands of players all the time, it’s a very populated game. Launch it and look. 1500-3000 players daily, around 220 servers right now. Any more than this doesn’t help a game at all, that’s when it becomes a clusterfuck full of children like Battlefield.

And yes, it’s twice the game; about twice the content, twice the polish, twice the creativity, much better level design, much better everything. Battlefield is the kid’s version of Rising Storm.

@lhotse 119099 wrote:

and they’ve pretty much patched all the bugs out of BF 4. Nothing to complain about anymore. All things considered, for a new release, it wasn’t so bad, I’ve seen a lot worse. [/quote]

Do you ever say anything that’s not nonsense? You’re a new gamer and it shows. They didn’t patch out most of the bugs in BF4, and it was one of the worst releases there ever was. Bugs isn’t the only problem with BF4 though; it’s just a poorly designed game in general, with oversimplified gameplay and terrible level design that encourages people to run around doing their own thing, which is exactly what happens.

@lhotse 119099 wrote:

Battlefield is the scion of multiplayer fps gaming. The best of the best and everyone knows it and just because you can’t hang against real players without getting pwned like a noob and prefer to play singleplayer against AI on ‘Easy’ mode, so you can feel like a real gamer

Instead of trying to be a gaming snob and dispensing advice on things you don’t know much about..like multiplayer games..lol.. you should stick too things you are good at..like banning people for bumping old threads and stuff like that. :rules:

Your inexperience and lack of knowledge emanates from your post once again. You speak of Battlefield like it’s competitive; presumably since you’re a new gamer who never played real competitive shooters like UT, CS, Quake, etc. Do you think Battlefield is harder than Rising Storm/RO2? Nobody is dumb enough to actually believe that.

Battlefield is no challenge, all people do in that game is run around and shoot people. The one good multiplayer game being discussed in this thread, Rising Storm, is a real challenge though. Go play it on Realism mode and get back to us.

The hardest games by far are certain single player titles, not multiplayer. Go play any of the classic RPGs like BG, IWD, or Planescape, or better yet try XCOM on the hardest difficulty. You wouldn’t last one minute in any of those.

You’ve only been playing multiplayer games for a few years, don’t pretend you’re knowledgeable about gaming in any sense. You’re still in your infancy stage and you’ll never advance past that, you’re as brainwashed by EA as every other 12 year old gamer out there. There are other communities where you fit in, you should stick to those rather than showing your face at GND and proving time and again that you’re the laughingstock, the forum clown, the pinnacle of stupidity and narrow-mindedness, etc. You should stick to things that you’re good at… like, oh wait, there are no such things.

@strudinox 119096 wrote:

Nothing like new GPU smell. 😀

OCZ power supplies are built pretty well so I’d go with Jester’s suggestion. Thermaltake’s are good as long as you get a high end one such as from their Toughpower lineup. Cooler Master is another decent alternative.

Cooler Master is too big of a hit or miss when it comes to power supplies in my opinion. They have some good lineups and some bad ones.

Enad
    Enad

@lhotse 119099 wrote:

@enad 119094 wrote:

What good is a ‘multi-player’ game, without players ? Red Orchestra 2/Red Storm is dead ! You know, I know it..everyone knows it. Nobody is playing that game enough to warrant spending good money on it, so I don’t know why he would recommend it to anyone, at any price and they’ve pretty much patched all the bugs out of BF 4. Nothing to complain about anymore. All things considered, for a new release, it wasn’t so bad, I’ve seen a lot worse.
    Battlefield is the scion of multiplayer fps gaming. The best of the best and everyone knows it and just because you can’t hang against real players without getting pwned like a noob and prefer to play singleplayer against AI on ‘Easy’ mode, so you can feel like a real gamer, doesn’t mean daskyizbloo isn’t up for the challenge and if he like’s Minecraft instead, who are you to imply that it’s not a …how did you word it ? Ahh yes, a ‘real game’.

You must really force yourself to believe this crap.

Jester already touched on every point but how exactly does 2000-3000 players daily=dead? No one said RO2 has a bigger community than BF3, that’s clearly not true because Battlefield has just about every PC gamer under 15 playing it, but having 2-3k players does not make a game dead..

It’s obvious Red Orchestra 2 was just too much for you. It’s alright, you can admit it. I recall you messaging me often back when you first bought it asking me if my ‘msg center’ was on, and that you needed help in Red Orchestra 2. I’m not making fun of you but it’s clear that you were overwhelmed by Red Orchestra 2’s complexity and are now resorting to false insults to try to pad your argument, which has no grounds.

Hell, all Jester did was offer the guy another option if he’s into MP games. He didn’t say DROP BF4 AND ONLY PLAY RISING STORM. He provided him with another game to check out that, regardless of your opinion, DOES have double the amount of content as the current MP FPS he owns.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

@enad 119102 wrote:

It’s obvious Red Orchestra 2 was just too much for you. It’s alright, you can admit it. I recall you messaging me often back when you first bought it asking me if my ‘msg center’ was on, and that you needed help in Red Orchestra 2. I’m not making fun of you but it’s clear that you were overwhelmed by Red Orchestra 2’s complexity and are now resorting to false insults to try to pad your argument, which has no grounds.

You’re such a fuckin liar ! I never asked you for help with RO 2…not once ! Hell, all the servers were empty !!!! I couldn’t find a server with anyone on it to play with, how was I supposed to have problems ?! The only ‘problem’ I had was boredom !!!

RO 2/ Red Storm is a dogshit game played by those who can’t hang in Battlefield, everyone knows it and so do you even if you won’t admit it. Jeeez, even you don’t play it much it’s so bad.

How many copies of Battlefield 4 have been sold ?

How many copies of Red Storm have been sold ?

That’s ok little noob, you keep feeling like Mr. Bigshot in a world of 2. (You and your boyfriend Joker)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like