Escape from Tarkov or ‘STALKER 2’, whichever you prefer.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Charcharo Charcharo 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

It would appear that a studio out of St. Petersburg is taking pre-orders and almost ready to release the closest thing we will ever likely see as STALKER 2 called ‘Escape from Tarkov’. It’s not being billed or claimed to be such but well…all the usual people are showing interest and the similarities are there, like it or not.
    Here’s the link for the website and some Alpha gameplay videos. 😎

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

fefa26a21fa95ddb03331c764a10c86a_zpszmh4jbpx.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyyJEzZq3sQ

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Gunplay looks awesome although the rest (including the type of game it is) isn’t for me. Honestly once Call of Chernobyl becomes more stable, Charcharo needs to get to work making his vision of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 to the best of X-Ray engine’s ability.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

I think the audio is VERY impressive. I’ve fired many guns, many times and that is exactly what they sound like, right down to the echo effect.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Yeah, Russian gamers have the right idea with regards to gunplay. The detail and authenticity in the models, functionality, everything. It’s also seen in modern S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mods like CoP/CoC Arsenal Overhaul, although Escape from Tarkov does a better job here than X-Ray engine can.

Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant

It is far newer, this engine. However I am skeptical as this studio isn’t known for pro-gamer practices.

Only a wait and see approach works. But I do want an actual, made from the ground up STALKER 2 with the same themes and ideas and AI and storytelling.

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

@charcharo 121896 wrote:

It is far newer, this engine. However I am skeptical as this studio isn’t known for pro-gamer practices.

Only a wait and see approach works. But I do want an actual, made from the ground up STALKER 2 with the same themes and ideas and AI and storytelling.

I believe everyone who’s ever played a STALKER game, wants to see STALKER 2 but I’m not sure that’s ever going to happen as more time elapses. The website says there is one dev who worked on STALKER, working for this company though. 🙂
    and as for pro-gamer principles, they clearly say at their website that this is a ‘pay once and play’ game with NO MICRO-TRANSACTIONS, which is great in my opinion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like