Dragon Age: Origins – Essential Mods

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Boombear 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster
    0EYRg.jpg

Yes, another one of these threads. Dragon Age: Origins is undoubtedly most deserving of the title “Greatest Game Ever Made” but even it could use some improvements and/or new content, and here are mods just for this. Installing mods is easy, usually you just have to drag files/folders into your My DocumentsBioWareDragon Agepackagescoreoverride folder, or run DAupdater and install through there, but read the instructions since some mods are different.

BE SURE TO READ THE DESCRIPTIONS FOR EVERY MOD, READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE, AND BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL EVERY SINGLE MOD IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE ERRORS AND MAXIMIZE AWESOMENESS!

Dragon Age – Lighting Enhanced

This is a post-processing mod, improving visuals considerably. Use the DALE neutral preset, which is a SweetFX implementation. You may have to disable in-game AA and force your own anti-aliasing but don’t worry, it works with normal supersampling implementations including OGSSAA, and I can confirm that the game’s sparse grid supersampling support is basically perfect using the following bits: 0x0000F0C1

Improved Atmosphere

This mod is incredible and absolutely necessary. It makes your party talk more often, it adds life to cities, villages, and other areas, it makes NPCs less static, and it’s full of game fixes. Be sure to download version 2.0 beta as well as these bugfixes which are linked in the description.

Circles Be Gone

A simple mod that removes the big circles under companions’ feet.

Skip the Fade

This mod removes some worthless annoying sections of the game.

Character Respecialization

An absolutely necessary gameplay mod, Character Respecialization makes it so you can completely configure all party members’ stats. They all start at a blank slate now.

Combat Tweaks

Combat Tweaks overhauls and rebalances the combat, and changes around certain battles in order to make them harder and more demanding of strategy and tactics.

Morrigan Restoration Patch

As the name implies, this mod restores removed dialogue and scenes relating to Morrigan, one of the games primary characters. They were made by the developers and removed probably in order to get the game out faster, but this mod adds them back.

Grey Wardens of Ferelden

This mod makes it so that Grey Wardens actually wear Grey Warden armor, and distributes the armor appropriately.

Lock Bash

This mod adds the ability to bash locked objects open, like in D&D games. Doing so has a chance of breaking the items inside.

Ancient Elven Boots Fix

This mod adds Ancient Elven Boots back to the game. It was supposed to appear in the game normally, but never does unless you use this mod.

Here’s how my Override folder looks AFTER installing all of these mods.

bE5zj.png

So that’s about it. Don’t fuss over DA2, I only recommend two mods for it: this texture pack, and of course, Equip Your Party. But don’t forget to install the official texture pack before the modded one for DA2. Also, be sure to use a Large Address Aware enabler especially for DA2.

Boombear

How about the Ancient Elven Boots fix? http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/3380/?

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Thanks for share. Added

Lhotse
    Lhotse
    Participant

Jeeez..I can’t believe your still playing this game ! :eyeroll:
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game, one of the best but it’s not as expansive as Skyrim and after 2 playthroughs, just how interesting can it still be ? Don’t you ever get tired of plodding through the same ol’ thing over and over. You should try Divinity 2. Not as good but not too expensive and at least it’s something different.

Enad
    Enad

@lhotse 119032 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game, one of the best but it’s not as expansive as Skyrim and after 2 playthroughs, just how interesting can it still be ? Don’t you ever get tired of plodding through the same ol’ thing over and over. You should try Divinity 2. Not as good but not too expensive and at least it’s something different.

Who says he’s still playing it?

Plus Origins warrants at least 6 playthroughs for anyone who actually cares about getting the full experience. There are 6 origins, each offering an exclusive 2 hours of content and they all have unique things that play out later in the story. The game is a classic and really never gets old.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

@lhotse 119032 wrote:

DA:O has by far the most story variation of any RPG. Indeed it doesn’t have as much replay value as Skyrim, but it takes at least six playthroughs to have seen it all in DA:O. I just put a lot of time between my playthroughs so it doesn’t get old. I’m not doing the same thing over and over, even on my 4th playthrough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like