Article: Wooting One – "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard Review

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jester Jester 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster
    Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant

Looks like the second version, Wootingtwo is a thing. Kickstarter on the 31st of May 2018.

https://www.wooting.nl/wootingtwo

I will be getting this one. Improvements include:
    USB-C, 4 additional programmable keys and a slightly improved design (larger side indents, cable gutter, overall lowered height to reduce sound) AND Numpad

So yeah, Jester’s review of the first one has me a believer. If one can improve on that…well it is for sure worthy.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Numpad isn’t an improvement, it means the Wooting Two is NOT the “second version” nor an upgrade. It is simply a second model, one that happens to be full sized, while the One is the tenkeyless (and tons of gamers prefer tenkeyless including myself). The Wooting One has cable management grooves on the underside too, looks identical to the Wooting Two’s in the announcement video. The only improvement I see is the addition of Flaretech Black switches, which is not available for the Wooting One (it is also my preferred gaming switch).

The Wooting One is on sale right now too. $140/140 euros.

Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant

@jester 122912 wrote:

Numpad isn’t an improvement, it means the Wooting Two is NOT the “second version” nor an upgrade. It is simply a second model, one that happens to be full sized, while the One is the tenkeyless (and tons of gamers prefer tenkeyless including myself). The Wooting One has cable management grooves on the underside too, looks identical to the Wooting Two’s in the announcement video. The only improvement I see is the addition of Flaretech Black switches, which is not available for the Wooting One (it is also my preferred gaming switch).

The Wooting One is on sale right now too. $140/140 euros.

I am from the people who prefer Numpads on their keyboards, so it is good for me. This is what I wanted.
    BEsides the cable gutter, overall lowered height seem good too to me.

Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant
    Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Current firmware has a bunch of lighting modes now, the best lighting customization I’ve ever seen! Better than Ducky even especially since it uses the analog sensing to further customize lighting.

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

Quite an upgrade! I’ve got a couple friends using this keyboard. I’ll tell them to update.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Flaretech Black switches and double shot PBT keycaps are up for preorder! I’ve preordered both so my Wooting One (the one I’m using anyway) is getting a makeover.

US

International

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like