Article: A Guide to Computer Cases

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Charcharo Charcharo 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster
    strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

Nice writeup, the In Win 909 case looks absolutely sick. Definitely my next case. Now I just need better internals to show off lol.

Enad
    Enad

@strudinox 121953 wrote:

Nice writeup, the In Win 909 case looks absolutely sick. Definitely my next case. Now I just need better internals to show off lol.

The In Win 909 is definitely stunning looking but it’s honestly the most inferior case of all those listed in the ATX section. I would recommend almost any other case for you, strud. It’s hard to work in, cable management is tricky, lighting is extremely tricky, and it basically requires a thick 360mm rad to be housed in the back or else it looks a bit empty. Plus it’s huge.

Also, as mentioned in the article, it is louder than some other cases due to the airflow design. It is a work of art though, still I would highly recommend the Evolv or PC-O11 over it.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

Thanks to Enad for putting the list together and your invaluable experience with just about all of these cases!

strudinox
    strudinox
    Keymaster

I’m fine with it being difficult to work with. I also haven’t air cooled a CPU in 7+ years so having a big rad is a must for me anyways. Sadly, upgrades won’t happen for a while for me due to buying a house recently and renovations sucking up me funds.

Enad
    Enad

@strudinox 121956 wrote:

I’m fine with it being difficult to work with. I also haven’t air cooled a CPU in 7+ years so having a big rad is a must for me anyways. Sadly, upgrades won’t happen for a while for me due to buying a house recently and renovations sucking up me funds.

Why you keep moving struddle

Joe
    Participant

Good writeup. What do you think of the Corsair 350D windowless? It’s great value for people who might want to cheap out and get uglier internals.

Good to see the Air 240 recommended, I love mine for the size and dual compartment.

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

@joe 121958 wrote:

Good writeup. What do you think of the Corsair 350D windowless? It’s great value for people who might want to cheap out and get uglier internals.

Good to see the Air 240 recommended, I love mine for the size and dual compartment.

One would really be much better off waiting for the Evolv mATX Tempered Glass to come out and spending the extra $30 for it. Evolv has a far neater, better internal layout; PSU shroud, 350D has that big hole in front of the motherboard tray that’d expose a ton of cables, 350D interior design is more generic looking with its mismatched drive bays. Evolv build quality also crushes the 350D and even the 900D and every other Corsair case.

Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant
    Enad
    Enad

@charcharo 122110 wrote:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489140137/nsg-s0-worlds-first-fanless-chassis-for-high-perfo

Enad, Jester
    What are your thoughts on this?

It’s very promising but I want to see some first hand results. I thought of backing it and giving it a try but I’m not confident enough to jump in with it. I’m excited to see where it goes though.

Charcharo
    Charcharo
    Participant

Enad, what about this one?
    https://www.eteknix.com/exclusive-first-look-at-antec-p110/

Looks like an improved S340 Elite?

Jester
    Jester
    Keymaster

@charcharo 122157 wrote:

Enad, what about this one?
    https://www.eteknix.com/exclusive-first-look-at-antec-p110/

Looks like an improved S340 Elite?

That it does.

@enad – Time for you to get one and tell us about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You Might Also Like