Can I access my his...

Notifications

Can I access my history if it's been erased?  

RSS
tesler11
(@tesler11)
New to GND-Tech

Is there any way to acess the history on my computer if it has been erased?

Posted : 22/07/2011 5:59 pm
xzone1220
(@xzone1220)
Trusted

:thinkK your whole computer memory? or like a file you deleted? cuz theres something you can do to go back to have something back. you do it in the f12 thing i think when windows starts up i cant remember exaclly but i do know you can do something to get watever bak cuz iv done it cuz i deleted something and got it back....If that made any sense i kinda confused myself lol 😳

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2011 9:17 pm
JoMa
 JoMa
(@joma)
Leveling Up

Are you talking about browser history?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2011 8:29 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

If it is just a file on your hard disc, you have free programs like recuva, that searches every file ever deleted (after a format). And determines if it can be fixed (restored). It isn't always fail proof, you can have files that can't be recovered, most of them are, but it's worth a try.

If that is what you mean though, I'm not sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2011 5:52 am
GCW
 GCW
(@gcw)
Padawan

Any file can be recovered, but if you're talking in very general, non-complex methods, no, you technically "can't" view your history. If you're worried about someone else unconvering it, then yes, that's entirely possible, and quite easy at that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2011 1:28 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

It also depends on the media. Recovering deleted information from a conventional hard drive is quite easy, however, recovering data from a SSD, is much more tricky (but not impossible).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2011 10:16 am
Share: