Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Steam Account Scam

Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Hey guys,

Just to warn you, if you get any messages telling you to click this link to see a thread from ANY website from "steamcommunity", check the link and the sentence carefully. Most recent scam is "steamcommunity.tk"

CAUTION: The scam websites below are for information purposes only. It is recommended NOT to visit the URL. All links in red are DANGEROUS links.

Known Scam Websites:

• Steamcommunity.tk

If you are unlucky enough to be affected (or even if you think you have), try to log back onto your account as soon as possible and CHANGE THE PASSWORD. This will stop the scammer re-accessing your account and having it permanently taken and all games with it.

If you are too late, you need to contact steam support via this website. They will take a while to reply, but they will be able to help you.

Keep your steam credentials safe,

GND

Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2010 2:03 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Good looking out. I got one this morning to that URL from a guy called Cpt. Awesome. If anyone is friends with him, remove him off your list.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 2:09 pm
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

I just got it 😡 but i didnt try to sign in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 2:11 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Ahem... That's my brother :/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2010 2:15 pm
SJentZ
(@sjentz)
Ninja

@strudinox 49137 wrote:

Good looking out. I got one this morning to that URL from a guy called Cpt. Awesome. If anyone is friends with him, remove him off your list.

There are lots of Cpt.Awesomes out there, ahwell... it's a good reason to remove the ones i never talk to... weee

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 2:17 pm
VictorY23
(@victory23)
Trusted

Got that one my self, though i did see the sneaky .tk and blocked him right away :O

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 2:21 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

420 Mafia. Cpt. Awesome. Seems to have got my friends list somehow. Gimme a shout if you get anything from me please 😛

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2010 3:33 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I-E-D Saves the day once again!

Don't see any one named Capt. Awesome on mah list. I'm good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 3:37 pm
wierdo124
(@wierdo124)
Jedi

steamcommunity.tk has been alive for years...only one i've ever seen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 9:33 pm
Hypeer
(@hypeer)
Renound

You guys should verify the email on your Steam account, and use different passwords on your email and Steam account. This way even if a scammer somehow finds out your Steam account password, he can't change it without access to your email.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2010 4:41 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Isn't a website but something to look into

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/887493-how-solve-clean-your-pc-latest.html

even clicking on a link could get your account stolen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2010 2:55 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Geez, that's the worst I've seen. Steam really needs to ramp up their security. 😐

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2010 2:57 pm
Share: