2017 Steam Awards  

RSS
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

What did you choose? My choices are listed below.

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award - The Talos Principle, should be a crime to choose anything else

The “Choices Matter” Award - This is as objective as a Steam award is ever going to get I think. What game gives you the most choice? And I must remind you that choice is nothing without consequence. The rightful winner is Fallout 2 and anything else is blasphemy. See this article.

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award - Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award - They thought this was a cheeky way to name an award for intensity (and of course I know the song reference). So, easy choice for me I think—XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.

The “No Apologies” Award - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura because this game is broken without community patches, yet magnificent as our review explains.

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award - realMyst: Masterpiece Edition

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award - Thought about choosing Dark Messiah: Of Might and Magick for this, but ended up choosing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition since you can become so amazingly powerful in it. I guess Deus Ex is a good choice too.

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award - XCOM 2 for the Archons and Archon King I guess?

The “Defies Description” Award - Obduction

The “Labor of Love” Award - Tough choice but I ended up going with Serious Sam: Fusion 2017. Arma 3 would be my 2nd pick.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award - Garry's Mod since it's actually fitting I guess, plus this award is stupid and I don't care for it and GMOD is eligible to win most game awards.

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award - Considering no game can win more than one award, this was a tough call between SOMA and what I decided to choose in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Why this over SOMA? Simply because I think I remember choosing SOMA for something last year but not Bloodlines, and both deserve it equally.

Write-In Award - Forgotten Gem - A good award to have and an easy choice I think: Anachronox.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2017 3:05 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register