Notifications
Clear all

PS3 HDD Swapping Tutorial

Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

I've got some gear coming tomorrow. 640gb internal for the PS3 and a 1tb external which i'll be using to swap over all the data.
I'm gonna record a tutorial and stick it up on here. 🙂
Prepare to know how to upgrade your PS3! It's pretty simple but whatever. They get plenty of youtube views, now that people are running out of space on their 20/40/60/80gb fat PS3's.

** The end of the video has been cut for no reason. Basically, after the video ends, you need to go to System settings, Backup Utility, Restore. Choose your external drive and backed up data and it will restore it in an hour or so. **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFYETdFL_h8

Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2010 11:09 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Sweet man!! Looking forward to it! 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2010 11:10 am
Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

Bleh! No internal today 🙁 Just the external.
I've got an exam tomorrow so I dont know when I'll have the video done. Sometime on the weekend probably.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2010 8:18 am
Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

And now the HDD wont turn on. Cool.

- Phew, it was the plug adapter. Im gonna have to go get another one...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2010 9:38 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Looking forward to it dude 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2010 11:18 am
Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

There it is. Cut short, but whatever.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2010 2:24 pm
AnimalMother92
(@animalmother92)
Renound

Sony posted this, as there have been some issues with the latest firmware and custom HDDs.

Update: For those users who are replacing the PS3 hard disk drive: We have been aware of the symptoms with the system software update 3.41, released on July 27, and that it will cause the update to stop in some occasions while replacing the PlayStation 3 (PS3) Hard Disk Drive (HDD) if the PS3 system is installed with version 3.41.
To resolve these symptoms, we have released a new version of system software update 3.41 with a very minor change (the version number does not change) on August 2nd. If you are experiencing such symptoms when replacing the HDD of your PS3 system, we kindly ask you to use the latest data and try again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and continued support.
For any other questions, please contact your local customer service.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2010 2:31 am
cicivin
(@cicivin)
New to GND-Tech

It is to let a person really looking forward to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2010 7:32 pm
Womp
 Womp
(@womp)
Padawan

What?
Please don't dig up months old threads and use proper English, I can't understand what you're saying in either of your posts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2010 7:48 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

What?
Please don't dig up months old threads and use proper English, I can't understand what you're saying in either of your posts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2010 7:49 pm
Share: