Clear all

Crysis 2 PC multiplayer demo confirmed!

Page 3 / 4
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@Evire 59489 wrote:

Hope we all can do a mega teamup and own them all πŸ˜€

That would be a small team of 6 players or less.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 1:42 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Some mega team xD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 1:49 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Mega Squad more like πŸ™‚ But the singleplayer looks promising

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 4:26 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Meh, everything about the game looks terrible to me. Except the graphics in comparison to other console games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 4:27 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Single player looks just as bad, super soldier...the worlds only hope...1 vs 1 million Angry transformers. WHO WILL WIN!?! Obviously the guy in the nanosuit, I can basically predict the story xD

It's a shame, games are getting worse and worse. They should of never went to consoles, now they've become more money hogs than anything, I can see it...
Crysis 2 DLC- Upgraded Multiplayer- 2 new weapons and added 2 more player slots! 14 Player MP!- Only $15!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 4:43 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Nah they won't add more player slots. Just two new weapons like you said, and maybe four or five more maps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2011 4:46 pm
the_man550
(@the_man550)
Renound

Why so darn focused on the MP player limit? Less players means more tactics and time to think, and a bigger influence on the game if a few people cooperate - forcing others to work together, too. How fun are HUGE battles in the long run anyway? 5v5->8v8 is the optimal player number IMO. And I dare say that I've tried more games than most in here.
And as it is quite likely that an increase of players with the PC is coming, seeing the comments from crytek, why not believe it? Why would console gamers rage at a higher player limit and not rage at lowered graphics (Which they don't)? It's a tradition that console games don't handle many players very well. Look at B2BC for example (at least from my experience).

I have to admit that the trailers have not overly impressed me. Compared to for example the nanosuit trailer for the original, these are nothing that impress me. "Be the weapon" being an exception, especially the music. The gameplay videos have been so-so, I wouldn't judge it since most players are still quite "nooby" compared to what we see in crysis today (which in my case is what I compare to, subconsciously. What else?).

@Admin; When accepting the forum rules, the black text on a black background isn't very easy to spot and could use a little fixing πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2011 4:12 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@the_man, I gotta disagree with you, strongly. Huge amounts of players make for an epic experience, I hate always being the center of the action, it's awesome hearing a huge fight over the next hill or in the next town. You've obviously never played played Red Orchestra, which provided some of the most intense and epic game play I've ever experienced. 5v5 is pathetic, who would ever want to play a game that small, that's like joining a BC2 server with 6 out of 32 players, who wants to have such a low amount of players on such big maps, and big maps are always better..If you like small maps...welll, I feel bad for you because you're missing out.
Less players totally does not mean more tactics, it depends on the game and gameplay, it can, but definitely not always. A large scale game like ArmA 2, it's generally more organized if you have less people, but that's not always better, games like Red Orchestra 2, it would just be extremely boring with less than 64 player MP.
I don't think it's just me when I say, 64 player vs....10 or 12 player, 64 player wins hand down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2011 8:23 am
the_man550
(@the_man550)
Renound

Yeah, I disagree to myself as well, didn't write everything I needed... Had to rush that post, had a driving lesson :p

But I do stand for what I said, albeit alternatives might be fun as well. I agree that games such as red orchestra (not played for ages, but seen a little) is fun with a lot of players. But that doesn't mean less can't be fun. It all depends on the game, like you said.

It's not more than logic that a game with 5v5 becomes more personal than a 32v32 game - And I like that. Play a game like CS or even COD with a full server, it's just mayhem and leaves no room for tactics. That's why so many prefer the 8v8 or so server in these games, which is a standard for crysis now.

While huge amounts make for an epic experience (I figure mostly visually (bombs) and by sound, lots of confused people running around isn't that fascinating to see), a small amount of synchronized players make for an epic, more personal, experience as well.

It feels like you're able to distinguish the difference between a game designed for many people and one for less, but your examples and statements disagree.
How's "joining a BC2 server with 6 out of 32 players" comparable to joining a Crysis 2 server with 12/12? That's not a very bright statement TBH. It's all about players/area (map size). And no, bigger maps are definitely not always better. That completely depends on the game. Sure, a dogfighter game with ΓΌberfast planes wouldn't fit in a 100m2 map, but a snail race wouldn't fit in a 100x100km2 map either.

ANYWAY!
What all this comes down to, is that the game decides how many players there should be. Anyone saying that either many or few players is better, is simply putting forward his personal preference.

Question is whether it's worth it to try and convince people that their personal preference is better than the others, because that's what's going on in this thread. And that is stupid.

Evire started an informative thread and not a discussion thread, so this is all off topic anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2011 9:11 am
Evire
(@evire)
Ninja

@the_man550 59605 wrote:

Evire started an informative thread and not a discussion thread, so this is all off topic anyway.

+1

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2011 11:25 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

does anyone have a link for the PC demo yet ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2011 12:38 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

I have been around the MyCrysis Forums all night last night and read all kinds of topics. Tons of discussions on things that have been changed for the PC version and melee attack will be decreased to 2.5 seconds instead of 1.4 and so on. So Im going to shut up and wait for the Crysis 2 Demo for PC to come out and then give my final decision. For now I ll stay neutral as it is my favourite series, I have over 1000 hours on Crysis. So no matter how much I hate some elements in Crysis 2, i ll give it one more chance with the PC demo.

Sorry for offtopic evire.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2011 3:21 pm
Evire
(@evire)
Ninja

Update

check 1st post

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/02/2011 10:33 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)