Battlefield 2142 Se...

Notifications
Clear all

Battlefield 2142 Server

Page 1 / 2
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

hey campers, i know i'm a bit down the food chain from you guys as a gamer and i just have my laptop atm, but this game is fun and played by a lot of people online w/ enthusiastic play and it does not require a high-end rig to run the graphics.....and a lot of people play it for that reason as well as players w/ rigs like some of yours.
also, if we rent a server, we can put in killer gfx and plug GND-Tech to recruit new members.:coolness:
i fully expect to have a better desktop rig up and going by Feb sometime but for now, i really would like to game w/ you guys until i can join Jester's Crysis server and Enad's Vietnam thing he's.......doing something with and the Black Ops server etc.
i would be willing to pay into the server cost as well. i can't do it alone but if there's any interest, i think it would be great and everyone would have fun getting p//wned by Llotse5.:tongue:

Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2010 1:17 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Sounds like a good idea. How many players and servers are there?

How many slots would you be looking at?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 6:25 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Its a bit old now but if enough people here want to play it I do not mind donating too and joining up on the sessions. So its a 50/50 from me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 6:42 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I don't think I'd play, not very into games like that.
To be honest, I think we should hold off on buying servers, whenever we get one, we get maybe...6 active players...and how long does that last? A few months, 1 month, less?
So until we get a larger "Gaming" population, I'd saying purchasing servers is almost pointless.
I hope I didn't shatter your dreams Lloste. :p

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 7:57 am
TheHardest
(@thehardest)
Leveling Up

If you get a server at multiplay you can run all almost all COD games, MOH and BF games on the server. You can switch between those games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 8:37 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

All of which are hardley(or not at all) played regularly by anyone on GND.
If you guys really want servers, help us expand and get a bigger 'Gamer' member base.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 9:26 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@Enad 53020 wrote:

All of which are hardley(or not at all) played regularly by anyone on GND.
If you guys really want servers, help us expand and get a bigger 'Gamer' member base.

Agreed.

I know some of you may say "But we need a server to attract more players" but seriously that never works. How many of you go on a server just to join their clan ? Almost none, you just go on and play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 11:31 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@Enad 53010 wrote:

I don't think I'd play, not very into games like that.
I hope I didn't shatter your dreams Lloste. :p

it's ok Enad, i understand. you just fear t3h p//nage from t3h Llotsez0rz.:snipe:
* hugz Enad* :drinks:
that aside, check this... we gotta market and promote, adapt or perish etc etc etc.
this is fun ! and gives us something to be more active w/ on a larger scale.
here is the server people site
http://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/game_view.php?GMID=43

and here are some screenies from the game. notice the plugs for the forums!

BF21422010-12-2411-58-55-25.jpg
BF21422010-12-2413-31-16-83.jpg

and site plugs during gameplay...

BF21422010-12-2412-43-14-13.jpg
BF21422010-12-2412-22-14-45.jpg
BF21422010-12-2412-18-22-30.jpg
BF21422010-12-1113-10-10-72.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2010 12:41 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Hope this isn't max graphics ? it looks so bad on max I swear it was better last time I played it :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 12:58 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Your expectation's change. The first game you ever played has awful graphics but you thought it was good.

That said, it does look pretty shitty.

Unfortunately a server with a few links means nothing unless it has active players with more than one from the clan. You need someone asking too 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 1:36 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

no, the graphics are much better online. i think it's a combo of my laptop/fraps.
i dunno....i just want to do something to further GND and try to get everyone together where we can play and have fun is all. it's not uber fancy like Black Ops but it's something.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2010 2:38 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I feel Bad Company 2 Vietnam would be the only likely candidate for a server purchase, but still, we have hardley any GND Members playing that. We just need a larger "Gaming" population on GND.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 3:21 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Unfortunately recruiting on other peoples servers is usually against the rules, so if we want to recruit in game we'll need a server.

Until then there's no real justification for a server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2010 5:06 pm
TheHardest
(@thehardest)
Leveling Up

@iNNeX 53035 wrote:

Agreed.

I know some of you may say "But we need a server to attract more players" but seriously that never works. How many of you go on a server just to join their clan ? Almost none, you just go on and play.

DeltaOps got almost all of the members from recruiting on the server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/12/2010 1:49 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@TheHardest 53156 wrote:

DeltaOps got almost all of the members from recruiting on the server.

You are one of 100 examples that probably worked. Trust me it doesn't. Do you go in a server to play or to try to join a clan ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/12/2010 2:31 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: