Downgrading iPhone ...

Notifications
Clear all

Downgrading iPhone from OS 3.1.3 to OS 3.1.2 on new 3GS models discussion  

poiZin
(@poizin)
Jedi

I have been trying to find a way to do this, as apple has caught on to changing the hosts file to point gs.apple.com to cydia's server. What I have found is apple added a second authentication server (albert.apple.com) which connects through port 443 using https. If someone knows of a way to redirect https connections for specific addresses I am confident we can be the first to get around this, possibly make a splash on the web heh.

I am working on it most of my free time, if anyone can help provide the information above, that would be amazing. Please let me know!

Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2010 3:35 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I iphone here.. 🙁

Hope you get it all figured out!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2010 4:11 pm
miteoj
(@miteoj)
Renound

i don't quite get it, but it sounds awesome.

anyway, have a free bump!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2010 3:56 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Dude I have had my iPhone 3GS 32GB jailbroken on 3.1.2 for like 6 months and my stupidity lead to it being updated to 3.1.3 the day it came out and now all my jailbreak is gone. Now I used to have old modem number which started with MB. You can only jailbreak iPhone 3GSs if they have MA or MB modem models. Now It has MC as I have updated it and it is IMPOSSIBLE to be jailbroken or 20000% chance of unlocking the phone to work on other operators. Every other one can apart from 3GS... that sux balls and good luck with it I am looking for solution somehow too. In order to check what modem model you have go to Settings, General and then About. Its somewhere at the bottom.

Hope you figure it out dude!

XeqtR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2010 4:02 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Ok I have successfully downgraded my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 MC model to 3.1.2 and jailbroken it again. It is fine and works as it did before when it was on the older firmware. I will make a blog about how I did it and keep updating it as new OS's come out when I get some time hopefully this week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2010 1:46 pm
miteoj
(@miteoj)
Renound

Any update on the blog mate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2010 11:36 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Yeah, would be nice to know. I have a couple of mates that updated accidentally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2010 11:42 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Ok I think it will be an article more like as blogs are more for something that will keep getting updated etc... So I will do that now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2010 12:44 pm
Share: