Notifications
Clear all

DDR4.... a ways off  

RSS
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Looks like we'll be stuck with DDR3 for a while now. According to Maximum PC, we won't be getting DDR4 until 2014! Not that anyone here was holding their breath for it. But on a happier note, at least we don't have to worry about RAM incontestabilies for the next 3 years. 😀

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/ihs_isuppli_dont_hold_your_breath_waiting_ddr4

Posted : 29/06/2011 10:56 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

I want some DDR5 damn it. QDR ftw.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2011 11:22 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yeah. I wish they would skip DDR4 all together for desktop platforms. I mean the technology for DDR5 is already being used lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2011 11:47 pm
jasonorland88
(@jasonorland88)
Padawan

I read an article says, DDR4 won't be available to consumers until mid-2015 or later and it'll probably be expensive and for gpu the GDDR6 looks like it'll be out next year, though. New memory standards usually have twice the density, so 4 GB video cards will be standard/minimum and 8 GB video cards will be optional - on par with next-gen consoles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2013 4:29 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@jasonorland88 118297 wrote:

I read an article says, DDR4 won't be available to consumers until mid-2015 or later and it'll probably be expensive and for gpu the GDDR6 looks like it'll be out next year, though. New memory standards usually have twice the density, so 4 GB video cards will be standard/minimum and 8 GB video cards will be optional - on par with next-gen consoles.

Stop being a spam bot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2013 5:53 pm
fox
 fox
(@fox)
Renound

@Enad 118298 wrote:

Stop being a spam bot.

his post technically contains more content than yours. Who's the spam bot then?

4GB video cards? that sounds insane.. do cards REALLY use all of their memory?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2013 7:22 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@fox 118308 wrote:

@Enad 118298 wrote:

Stop being a spam bot.

his post technically contains more content than yours. Who's the spam bot then?

4GB video cards? that sounds insane.. do cards REALLY use all of their memory?

Enad's a spam bot.

The Titan has 6GB video memory. I know people have reported getting over 3GB usage with triple monitor setups in certain games, and that's only with three 1080p monitors. 4k is out and technology is always improving. I can't even imagine what Metro: Last Light would look and feel like on three 4k monitors...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2013 7:44 pm
mahabub77
(@mahabub77)
New to GND-Tech

You are right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2017 5:40 am
Share: