Forum

Why Can't I Get On After I Updated Minecraft?  

RSS
sargeaantsimon
(@sargeaantsimon)
Level\'d

We've had this problem quite a bit in the past, so I thought I'd make a post to explain everything. With the long-awaited 1.6 update, many of you will want to update immediately. That's fine. However, you may encounter some problems connecting to the server.

Any time Minecraft releases an update, Bukkit (Which allows us to have the mods that give us warps, portals, protected regions, and more) must release a new version to accommodate that update. Doing this takes time. It's usually only a few days, but it can be up to two weeks if things go terribly wrong. So, if you want to play on our server, you will need to be running on the version of Minecraft previous to the latest update. (There are exceptions to this with some of the minor updates, but your best bet is to not update until you've checked to see if the server is compatible.)

Q&A:

Q: Can I play on the server if I am running a higher version of Minecraft than the server?

A: No, except for the occasional minor update. Don't count on it.

Q: Can I play on the server if I am running a lower version of Minecraft than the server?

A: No, except for the occasional minor update. Don't count on it.

Q: Will the new launcher in 1.6 change anything?

A: (Confirmed) Yes! The new launcher supports multiple instances of minecraft, so you will be able to have both a Minecraft 1.5.2 (For the server) and a Minecraft 1.6 (For the new update) at the same time and easily switch between them. For more information on how this works, visit http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/798-the-new-minecraft-launcher-what-does-it-mean-for-minecraft/

Q: How long will the server be on the previous update?

A: Probably a couple of days, but it could be longer. It all depends on how long it takes Bukkit to update.

Q: Why do we need to wait for Bukkit to update?

A: If we don't, we will not have warps, portals, ranks, protected regions, or a whole host of other vital server functions.

Q: So I can't have my ?

A: Not yet. Wait a little bit, it'll get here!

Q: Can I have free diamonds?

A: Not from the staff. Unless they're feeling generous and want to give you some of the ones they mined.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2013 3:43 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register