Strud's Threadrippe...

Strud's Threadripper Build  

RSS
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yes, it's finally upgrade for poor strud and time to say goodbye to my trusty old 4770K. For the first time since my AMD 1800X, I'm going AMD, specifically Threadripper.

"BUt StrOOd, ThReADrIPpErs aRE NoT gOoD fOr gAmINg??!1" This is know, but I do lots of non-gaming tasks such as photo/video editing and transcoding that will leverage the ThreadRipper nicely. It doesn't mean I won't be gaming, it's just not this build's sole purpose.

Hardware is ordered (Yeah, Cyber Monday!) and should arrive at the end of this week or beginning of next.

The Build:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X (12C/24T)
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X399-E Gaming sTR4
  • RAM: 32GB CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (4 x 8GB)
  • PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750 Gold
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming

Anyways, I'll have some build pics put up once it's all together. I'll probably review the parts on GND as well.

Posted : 26/11/2018 11:16 am
Lhotse liked
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

All together, just waiting for the SSD to arrive:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 6:40 pm
Lhotse liked
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

You bought one of those Cooler Master 'Wraith Ripper' heat-sinks?  Why not one of the AIO loops for the same money? 🤔  *Really nice rig btw, Strud. Well done! 😉 

This post was modified 10 months ago 2 times by Lhotse
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2018 2:57 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin
Posted by: Lhotse

You bought one of those Cooler Master 'Wraith Ripper' heat-sinks?  Why not one of the AIO loops for the same money? 🤔  *Really nice rig btw, Strud. Well done! 😉 

Haha thanks! Not to worry, AIO cooler on the way. Just thought I'd throw the Wraith Ripper on since I got done reviewing it recently. The thing is massive, but works well. Overclocked to 4.1GHz and the CPU never sees 60C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2018 1:56 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Some random results: CPU Passmark did okay putting out a score of 21,759 with a mild 4.0GHz overclock.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 11:21 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register