Show Off Your Cable...

Notifications

[Sticky] Show Off Your Cable Management!  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
ana3mic
(@ana3mic)
Renound

@strudinox 75587 wrote:

Wut? that doesn't even look like it's possible :shock:..... but it is.Excellent work!!+REP

I think I can do even better if I'm able to get some premium cables (supplies of such "exotic" things in my country are very scarce) or if I have the time to mod some of mine. There are also some minor things that I didn't have the tools or materials to do better: Look at where the ODDs should be, that red thing is the Sata for front panel, I'll swap that with black or blue one but need a heat gun. Also front panel audio, USB, power, reset, etc. will look quite better if braided or at least painted. But that are just cosmetic changes the actual management can't be a lot better. Also thanks for rep ;).@Enad 75590 wrote:

:shock:How...?You can't have everything plugged in! I have the same PSU...What case is that? And where is the 4(8) pin CPU Connector??

It's not hard, I'll make pictures of every connector plugged if you want! Nice, it's an awesome PSU... CM 690 II Advanced, as stated in my System Specs thingy. Right where I think it's the best place for it:
DSC_0002.jpg
More questions :tongue:?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 9:05 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

yea, i'd like to see the other side w/ the right-side panel taken off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 9:25 am
ana3mic
(@ana3mic)
Renound

@Llotse 75592 wrote:

yea, i'd like to see the other side w/ the right-side panel taken off.

U sure about that?
DSC_0001.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 9:36 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Right side doesn't matter. Good work, I think you do have the best cable management on GND because of your case. Enad with cases like that cable management that good is easy but time consuming. Our case shows the wires a lot more so it can't look that clean.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 12:16 pm
PM_DMNKLR
(@pm_dmnklr)
Leveling Up

Great job on that cable management, but I'd like to to see it with an ODD or 2 ;). I have the Cooler Master NV690 and the Corsair TX850W PSU. Together, these things fight, lol, I really wish I had more room inside my chassis, but that's 1 of the "ehnancements" I'm going to make, since the warranty is up on it 🙂 The PSU on the other hand, I'm not touching that until the warranty is up on it, which I still have a good 4 years to go, which is both a good and a bad thing, lol. Good cuz of the warranty, bad cuz I can't touch it til that's up, grr. All-in-all, nice work bro, very nice!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 12:26 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@ana3mic 75593 wrote:

U sure about that?DSC_0001.jpg

yes, i'm sure. the reason i wanted to see it is that i have a Cooler Master Haf X and i'm prolly going to do the same. i found that tubing on Amazon and i want to use that and the cable ties to tidy mine up the same way. very nice. +1 rep

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 12:32 pm
ana3mic
(@ana3mic)
Renound

@PM_DMNKLR 75614 wrote:

Great job on that cable management, but I'd like to to see it with an ODD or 2 ;). I have the Cooler Master NV690 and the Corsair TX850W PSU. Together, these things fight, lol, I really wish I had more room inside my chassis, but that's 1 of the "ehnancements" I'm going to make, since the warranty is up on it 🙂 The PSU on the other hand, I'm not touching that until the warranty is up on it, which I still have a good 4 years to go, which is both a good and a bad thing, lol. Good cuz of the warranty, bad cuz I can't touch it til that's up, grr. All-in-all, nice work bro, very nice!

I haven't used my DVD in a long time, so I decided to just don't put it in. The sloths might get filler by something alternative: Fan controller and even maybe a water cooling reservoir if I have the money to do a loop. Also here's picture of my first build in the case with a Non-modular PSU, the stock cooler 😯 and different GPU:
dsc0011o.th.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2011 1:14 am
PM_DMNKLR
(@pm_dmnklr)
Leveling Up

Cool. I use my DVD burners often, lol, otherwise I'd likely do the same.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2011 1:47 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

After the exams, I'm gonna re-do the whole thing, so I can show off my hard work here =)
Antec P183 V3, but an XFX ProSeries supply (non modular 🙁 ). So it's gonna be hard to do..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2011 3:44 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I wish I had a better case for managing cables. The TT armor was designed stop bullets, not to look good. :eyeroll:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2011 4:00 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

unfortunatly, the one drawback of my Haf X is that the case is just too tall(or the cable too short) to run the CPU power cable back behind the panel and down to the PSU. i ended up having to snake it down the left side behind the GFX card.
also, at some point i would like to try to use these tools i got w/ the braided sleeving kit to learn to disassemble the molex connectors from the wires on some extra cables i got so i can to try to fit all of the SATA/USB cables and the CPU heatsink wires into braided sleeving.
initially i was cautious not to stress the connections too much in the interest of pulling them back tighter and as for the GPU power cables, there's just no getting around the fact that they come out the front instead of the side which would have looked much neater.
overall, i don't think i achieved the perfect zen that ana3mic did although i tried. maybe at some point i'll rip it all apart and try again but i don't think i did too bad for a first effort.;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2011 1:43 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Nice work! As for your cpu power cable not being long enough, a lot of power supplies now days come with an 8 pin extension cable that will make it long enough.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2011 8:10 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

It seriously looks really good, I wouldn't worry about doing it over again. :p

Much better than what I have. xD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2011 8:44 am
clamatowas