New system coming my way!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@clamatowas 82520 wrote:

You tell them blazen! the 590 is a crazy amazing card.

Except it's really not.

Considering the price, the 'boost' in performance you'd get from say a 580 in most common games at 1920x1080 or whatever, is nothing worth the much higher price tag. Plus the micro stutter and heat is enough to keep any rational person away.

Plus you'll be regretting having a dual gpu card in less than a year, everyone does.
I would just get one 580, that's more than enough to tackle any game at all regular resolutions(2560x1600 and below). If you really want, just get another 580, two separate cards is much better than a Dual GPU card.
Spending $750 on a 590 when you can spend $450 on a 580, with really no noticeable difference in performance at your average resolutions, is a very stupid idea. Clam seems to think that higher number=better card, that is not true. You have to look at the pros and cons of each product and what you're going to be using them for..In your first post you say you'll be getting a new 24" Monitor, so once again there is a reason you SHOULDN'T get a 590, unless you're running some crazy high resolution 3 monitor setup, there is nothing to justify spending that extra $300 on a dual gpu card(GTX 590).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 5:55 pm
Blazen22
(@blazen22)
Leveling Up

I also said I would be recording games with fraps high res. The benchmarks don't lie. the 590 beats the 580 in frames. that's what I want. if I wanted smooth gameplay I would get a 580 but I want the highest framerates from a single card solution. Also Enad, from what I've read and seen the 590 doesnt run that hot. But if it runs as hot as you claim it does I don't think I will worry as I am buying 7 120 mm fans for my case, and 4 of them will be blowing directly to the card.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2011 8:32 am
clamatowas
(@clamatowas)
Jedi

Sooo blazen, I currently am running 2x 580s in SLI I have a friend that is running 2x 580s 2gb in sli. And I have only read all the info on the 590. If you REALLY want to get the VERY best performance, or ever run Surround Vision. Or 3D I am affraid that they are correct.

The best card on the market and the ONLY card that can do surround vision and play the top games ad max settings is 2x 580 2gb. The extra ram lets you do amazing things like fraps and extream AA

I would recommend that solution.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2011 8:53 am
Blazen22
(@blazen22)
Leveling Up

Thanks for the input. Would you happen to be able to provide a link to his 580 that he SLI'd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2011 9:34 am
pqnation
(@pqnation)
Padawan

Wow, seems like you know what you're doing haha. Great combination with the EVGA z68, intel 2600k, and EVGA GTX 590 classified.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2011 5:10 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: