ENADS PC STORIES AND UPDATES FROM THE PAST WHILE  

RSS
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

So I haven't really been updating the progression of my PC as of lately over on GND, I recently updated my system specs and Sig to reflect my new computer parts.

So yeah. Hello Nvidia ๐Ÿ™‚
MSI GTX 780ti
Intel i7 4820k
MSI X79 IB-E Mobo
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
Seasonic X Series X650watt
1x1TB 1x320GB HDD's

It's really nice. The 780ti kicks ass. It kills everything I have at 2560x1440. I'm finally running an ArmA game at OVER 60fps.
I'm also glad to have the extra VRAM.
Everything about my PC is really nice at the moment. Everything is quiet, efficient, and powerful. It's perfect.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, but I'll try to find a camera and take a few soon. I'm a little embarrassed with how dusty it is though. I clean it almost weekly but this thing gets so dusty.

As for the STORIES mentioned in the title. Over the past few weeks, a friend and I have scavenged our respective computer part junkyards and decided to build as many computers as we could with the parts we found. We ended up being able to build 3 full computers.

First one I built mainly out of my parts, my most recent set of Mobo/psu/cpu. I had to buy a GTX 650 as some of you may have seen because the 4870x2 I had laying around just didn't cut it, it ran WAY too hot.
So the specs for that PC is as follows..

PNY GTX 650 1GB
Intel i5 750
MSI P55
8GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3
Corsair HX850watt
1x250gb HDD

It's actually a really nice PC. I'm letting my younger brother use it, and it runs just about everything maxed out at 1920x1080. It runs cool as well.

The second PC we built is dubbed the Ghetto PC. We really scrounged for parts with this one. Many of the parts are from 2008 or around that time period, and the GPU is bottlenecked pretty hard but oh well. It's just an extra PC.
The specs are...

EVGA GTX 680
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
ASUS Rampage Extreme X48
4GB DDR3 Corsair XM3
Ultra X3 750Watt
1x80GB HDD

This PC is pretty funny though. It's very ghetto, as the name implies. It's in a pretty crappy old case that has seen abuse so...the HDD is sitting in a small egg carton on the bottom of the case, it has no power button so you have touch the two wires together for it to turn on. Finally, it has a 180mm fan without a shroud velcro'd to the top, for protection...

THE FINAL PC...Is easily the worst and we just decided to make it because we had some left over crap. It's essentially like a Dell Inspiron PC from 2007. I left this one with my friend.

EVGA 8600 GT
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
Some stock Foxconn mobo
Between 1.5 and 2GB of DDR2, Dell brand.
Stock Dell PSU
1x80GB HDD

That pretty much sums up the computer related things I've been doing lately. It's always fun to put together a computer with relatively expandable parts. I'm also very happy with my current main PC. ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2014 3:26 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register