Notifications
Clear all

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus  

strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I had a opportunity to beta-test this product, and now that it has been released, I can finally review it! This is my first review so go easy one me. 😳

I can't really review on the packaging, seeing as I got it in a Beta test package and didn't come as they are shipped/packaged now.

First Thoughts:

The cooler itself is pretty big. I would imagine that the dimensions would be that of a TRUE. The heat pipes are copper, with aluminum fins which in my opinion is the best since it will help with its overall weight. I was actually surprised as how light it was for such a big cooler coming in at 626g. Probably because it was use to my old Zalman 9700. :tounge:

Of course the second thing I noticed were the four direct contact heat pipes. The only thing that troubled me was that the surface on the heat pipes themselves, was not all that smooth. Rather rough in fact.

Installation:

Installation for this cooler was easy. Nothing special. I think the only difficult part was spreading the TIM. This was only difficult because of the gaps in between the heat pipes. So what I ended up doing was spread an even layer over the surface of the cooler using a razor blade. It came with a strong steel and rubber back plate and four retention screws which were used to tension down the cooler to the processor. I really liked how the fans were mounted to the cooler. They were held on by a wire clamp that can easily be removed with the cooler already installed. It also came with an extra set of wire clamps for an additional fan. This way you can use a push-pull system.

Final Thoughts:

Unfortunately, I don't have many other fans to test it against. For performance comparisons, I'm sure you will have no trouble finding some. 😉 Overall this cooler is rock solid. It's cool, quiet and does it's job perfectly.

Tech Specs:

Dimension 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H)
Weight 1.38 lbs; 626g
Heat Sink Material Aluminum fin
Heat Pipes 4 pcs
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Fan Speed 600 – 2000 R.P.M. (PWM)
Fan Airflow 21.2 – 76.8 CFM
Air pressure (mmH2O) 0.40 – 3.90 mmH2O
Bearing Type Long life sleeve bearing
Fan Life Expectancy 40,000 hours
Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 13 – 32 dBA
Connector 4-pin

Pics:

My lapped Q6600 I installed it on :tounge:

Mounting:
closeup.jpg

installed2.jpg

This was testing it with my Q6600 @ 3.6 GHz at full load.
hyperfullload.jpg

:gnd:

Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2009 4:50 pm
Share: