Upcoming Intel Atom faster then Current AMD X6  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

This is why i don't recommend AMD lol.. Talk about a beat down...

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/14nm-atom-is-more-powerful-than-6-core-amd-phenom-ii-10x-todays-atom-20110728/

Posted : 30/07/2011 9:26 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I want that in my lappy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2011 10:07 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

I wanna what the uber high end will be like in about 4 years...

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2011 10:44 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yeah by then the high end lineup of CPUs will be much faster.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2011 10:48 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

you guy's need to stop 'drinkin the intel kool-aid' fostered upon you by magazines intel advertises heavily in and sources that profit from skewing data in intel's favor w/ rigged benchmarking. 😕
http://www.vanshardware.com/reviews/2002/08/020822_AthlonXP2600/020822_AthlonXP2600.htm

i'm not getting into a long drawn out 'my dad can beat up your dad' type debate about this but just because something has been printed, does not always mean that it's accurate, just printed and sometimes by someone who might not want to bite the hand that keeps the money rollin into their office.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2011 2:19 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

But still, +1 for Intel 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2011 3:07 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@Llotse 81212 wrote:

you guy's need to stop 'drinkin the intel kool-aid' fostered upon you by magazines intel advertises heavily in and sources that profit from skewing data in intel's favor w/ rigged benchmarking. 😕
http://www.vanshardware.com/reviews/2002/08/020822_AthlonXP2600/020822_AthlonXP2600.htm

i'm not getting into a long drawn out 'my dad can beat up your dad' type debate about this but just because something has been printed, does not always mean that it's accurate, just printed and sometimes by someone who might not want to bite the hand that keeps the money rollin into their office.

Hey i never said AMD was horrible or bad. I don't recommend it. Who knows what AMD has in store. Could be like the AMD and Intel dual core situation. With AMD on top within that time.(much rather that TBH)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2011 4:19 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@Llotse 81212 wrote:

It kind of speaks for it's self, when a 4 core Intel CPU beats a 6 core AMD CPU, and especially when a tablet CPU is going to beat an AMD 6 core CPU. Why even bother with AMD, they may be cheaper but you get what you pay for with Intel, the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2011 7:09 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

what exactly is it that is doing the speaking is my point. are you conducting these comparisons yourself w/ the equipment and using app's that you can verify are giving an accurate and complete overview of the results ? no, you're just taking someone else's word for it.
" look ! that's what they wrote, so it must be true ! ". not always.
this thing between BAPCo and intel comes as no surprise to me tbh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2011 8:29 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@Llotse 81231 wrote:

what exactly is it that is doing the speaking is my point. are you conducting these comparisons yourself w/ the equipment and using app's that you can verify are giving an accurate and complete overview of the results ? no, you're just taking someone else's word for it.
" look ! that's what they wrote, so it must be true ! ". not always.
this thing between BAPCo and intel comes as no surprise to me tbh.

Well I do own an Intel i5 system, two actually, and one AMD 6 Core System...So you could say speaking from experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2011 8:38 pm
massdeth
(@massdeth)
Renound

wait a sec guys...this is all speculation. there comparing amd 6 core now to intel atom in 2015. balla, what are ya doing to us here?!?!? making everyone all crazy. lol...:lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2011 12:16 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

The title is very misleading :

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2011 12:29 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

no. just click links and read. we know how didn't click now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2011 1:50 am
canadianlover
(@canadianlover)
Padawan

Cool, since I got an Atom on my netbook, it means it's faster than my athlon II X4? Interesting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2011 6:26 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

No it's for the future of intel atom processors, not right now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2011 6:50 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register