Notifications

Microsoft Going All-in on GPU Computing  

RSS
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Awesome news for us high-end video card users! 😀

Microsoft today made an announcement that will accelerate the adoption of GPU computing (that is, the use of GPUs as a companion processor to CPUs). The software maker is working on a new programming language extension, called C++ AMP, with a focus on accelerating applications with GPUs.

With Microsoft now embracing GPUs in their future higher level language and OS roadmap, it makes the decision to go with GPU computing even easier for those programmers still on the fence.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/06/microsoft-going-all-in-on-gpu-computing/?sf1642232=1

Posted : 18/06/2011 8:50 am
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

NICE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 9:02 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

AWESOME! Go 570, go!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 9:56 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yeah im hoping it will use the gpu to boot as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 11:17 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Going to be sick, good bye intel. Nvidia/amd ftw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 11:22 am
massdeth
(@massdeth)
Renound

wow, they are just starting to figure out that hmmmmm....maybe theres something to all this fuss these whipper-snapper kids are making about them thar graphical cards?!?!?! i swear, the guys that run microsoft seem like there sooooo outta touch with the computer/gaming industry. what were they thinking this whole time that Cuda was developed and [email protected] has been going...then they saw Nvidia hit the cellphone market and they woke up?!?!? is it me or does it seem like someones asleep at the wheel overthere? arent you suppose to be with/ahead of the trends when you are huge like Microsoft and have special access to news and developments in the industry? :eyeroll: jeeeezzzz....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 3:11 pm
Share: