Notifications
Clear all

Please Help!  

ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

Hey all

I upgraded my pc today ( I'll specify later on what I upgraded exactly ) as well as my brother's pc and I'm getting a weird issue:

The issue is that when I connect my monitor to my GPU it wont work. The weird thing is that the same goes with my bro's pc. Connecting the monitors to the GPU's doesnt work. The Monitors go to power saving mode. They do work however when they are connected to the onboard GPU of the motherboards.

Both mine and my brother's GPUs are connected to the PSUs via 2 x PCI-e
I need to specify that this is the ONLY problem. Everything else works fine, even the GPU's function when the PC is powered on. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers. It didnt work

So here are my specs

CPU : Intel Core i7 @ 3.40 GHz ( Upgraded today, before I had Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.93 GHz
Motherboard : MSi H61MU-E35 ( Upgraded today as well from a Gigabyte who's name I cant remember )
GPU : ATi Radeon HD 5870 ( same as before the upgrade )
RAM : 2 x Apacer DDR3 2Gb ( Upgraded today )
PSU : Corsair TX 950 Watts ( Same as before )

My borther's specs

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.93 GHz ( The one I had )
Motherboard : The Gigabyte I had, cant remember the name, All I know is that it worked fine xD
GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 260 ( Same as before )
RAM : 2 x Kingston DDR 2 2 gb ( the ones I had )
PSU : Recom 550 Watts ( same as before )

So thats it. If anyone could identify the problem I'd really appreciate it cause I find it quite a weird and stupid issue.

But the worst thing is that I'm eager to try out my new CPU 🙁

Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2011 1:34 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I can't see some of your post because of your Avatar, fix it then I can try to help properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2011 1:36 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

done 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2011 1:56 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Have you tried going into the BIOS and disabling the onboard card? Some motherboards let you set a graphics card as priority too (Onboard|PCI|PCI-E)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2011 2:07 pm
clamatowas
(@clamatowas)
Jedi

What strud said is going to be your best bet. Also did you try the video-card in another computer to make sure its working correctly?

And if disabeling the on bord GPU does not resolve the issue, and the card is proven to work in another computer, Than I would need to suggest that you try swapping out powersupplies.

If that does not fix it than you have a bad PCI-E slot. Depending on your MB you can use a different one. (if you have more than one) Or just RMA the bord. Thats the steps and order I would try to resolve the issue.

Let us know!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2011 2:13 pm
DogFaceKiller
(@dogfacekiller)
Padawan

RAM : 2 x Apacer DDR3 2Gb ( Upgraded today )

Read more: http://www.gnd-tech.com/threads/32009-Please-Help%21#ixzz1NDUl0N5Q
GND-Tech.com

If BIO's thing did not work for you, check to make sure your RAM it sitting in good swap them around in the slots it might help. did you ground your self before handling the RAM they might have shorted out if you did not. By swapping them might tell you if maybe one of your sticks of ram went bad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2011 4:28 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

Ok ill try all that and let you guys know, thanks 🙂

I am pretty sure the GPU, PSU and probably RAM is not the prob as it happens to my bro's pc as well, and the fact that they all worked before the upgrade. In any case Ill try.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2011 10:38 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

Ok I swapped RAMs and checked out my BIOS but nothing exists there related with a graphics adapterm I also visited MSi's webage and the graphic option is not there for me. I also closed my PSU, removed the GPU carefully cleaned it with a painto brush for any Dust and put it back in. Now I get more resolution option ( meaning I fixed my Res ) but I still dont get anything when I connect my monitor to my GPU.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/05/2011 3:24 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Have you tried a different monitor cable? I've bad a few break on me and it's always the last thing I suspect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2011 11:01 am
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

turns out the mobo was busted, and im waiting for my replacement. Thanks for the help guys 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/05/2011 10:12 am
iGeForce
(@igeforce)
Guru

Holy shit, nice specs frosty 😀 Anyways yeh, I had the same problem too once, turned out the RAM was at the wrong slots -.-
Glad you got it figgered out!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2011 12:46 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Damn frost unlucky with the mobo, sounded like an odd problem from the start to be honest :/

Well im glad its all sorted out now 😉

See you on eve tomorrow 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2011 6:30 pm
Share: