NVidia GTX 770 Stutters  

RSS
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

So I purchased a new GTX 770 (Gigabyte Windorce 3x OC) on Saturday to replace my 670, installed it fine and the first thing I noticed that it would sometimes stutter at random points. We're talking when I have a Skype call or maximise a YouTube video. Any sound that's playing will lag slightly, and I'll skip a few frames (like mouse jumping or miss a few frames of a video) but otherwise performance is as expected.

I spent a few hours running FurMark, Ungine Benchmark and Prime95 to see if anything would go wrong but nothing did. Just randomly it would do it. Here is a screenshot of MSI Afterburner. You can see that power/usage/memory clock jumps up for around half a second before returning to normal. I've also included a screenshot of my voltages - none seem to have gone outside the threshold during my few hours of testing.

1f63f5082ee8439977be71fbd2a05dc1.png

Because the sound is stuttering I'm assuming it's not a problem with the 770. RAM and CPU would surely have thrown something up in Prime95. Am I right to think it's either the power on the card, the PSU cable or the PSU itself? If so, how should I go about narrowing it down? After I know the cause, would it be a case of sending the GPU back DOA or replacing the PSU?

My PSU is a HX850 and I've tried 2 different driver versions and neither solved the problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 4:07 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register