Website hosting status level: Strudinox  

RSS
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

That's right, since I've got some pretty badass internets which completely pwn our old host's (myhosting.com), I figured I'd host GND myself! This is good for two reasons:

1. I don't have to pay $50 a month to myhosting.
2. I have physical access to the server so I can control and upgrade the hardware.

Because I'm sure you're dying to know, here are the current specs:

Case: Silverstone Tek Mini-DTX: Amazon.com: Silverstone Tek Mini-DTX, Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Computer Case with Mesh Front Panel Cases SG13B: Computers & Accessories
Motherboard: Asrock Q1900-ITX: ASRock Q1900-ITX Intel Celeron J1900 Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo - Newegg.com
RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Patriot Signature Line: Amazon.com: Patriot Signature Line 8GB Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) 204-Pin SO-DIMM (PSD38G1333SK): Electronics
PSU: Antec VP-450 450W: Amazon.com: Antec VP-450 80 Plus Certified 450 Watts: Electronics
SSD: Kingfast F6 2.5 Inch Sata III 32gb: Amazon.com: Kingfast F6 2.5 Inch Sata III 32gb SSD Solid State Drive (7mm) for Desktop Laptop: Computers & Accessories

For a simple web server it's plenty of power and 8GB of RAM is WAAAAY overkill, but it was on sale, and I like the extra overhead. I think our old server had only 1GB. This is also my first time trying out one of those embedded CPU motherboards. One of the reasons I went with it because the TDP is only 15 watts! Running this ting 24/7 isn't even going to make a dent in my power bill.

Anyways, here's a pic. Let me know how site performance goes, or if you run into any errors. I had to configure all the site an service settings from scratch.

BnHJ7.jpg

gnd.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2015 4:36 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register