Notifications
Clear all

Res Probs  

ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

Hey guys. I finally got that rig I told you guys about and it works fine! Except for a minor, yet disturbing issue i need help with 😛

My GPU works fine now on that mobo though it seems impossible for me to use 1920 x 1080 resolution and im stuck at 1600 x 1200.

No matter what I do I can't seem to get it right.

My Monitor is LG FLATRON W2243S ( Supports the res stated above ) and my GPU is ATI Radeon HD 5870.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2011 2:33 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Try changing the Aspect Ratio? 16:9 should be it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 2:46 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

hmm where do i do that? ( im a bit of a noob 😛 )

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2011 2:48 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Well you could try Nvidia Control Panel, or CCC. If it's not in there, try going ingame and doing it via the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 2:58 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Does your monitor require a driver. Some do for some reason....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 4:16 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

well i tried installing the drivers but it says it already has the latest driver. Maybe its a Win 7 problem?

As for Aspect Ratio, the option is no where to be found. And I scoured my pc

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2011 5:07 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Try ingame then, see if you can set to 16:9. If you can't than it's a problem with your monitor.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 5:09 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Install driver sweeper here: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Install it then boot into Safe Mode. Run drive sweeper and remove all past versions of any driver related to your video card, or monitor. Once completed, reboot and reinstall the latest drivers.

It sounds like it's some form of driver error. This will eliminate any form of error due to a driver conflict.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2011 5:10 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

thanks for the help 🙂

Ingame res wont change either and driver sweep and reinstal did not fix the problem.

I heard somewhere that the reason could be chipset drivers but removing them didnt fix the problem either.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2011 11:03 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

What cable/connector are you using?
I used an HDMI cable for it (I have a BenQ G2420HD, great screen btw) but it refused to work at 1920*1080 over HDMI (don't ask me why). So now I use a DVI cable, and it's all good. Maybe worth a try changing that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2011 3:42 pm
ThaniX
(@thanix)
Pirate

My Monitor doesnt support HDMI unfortunately, and it has a VGA port. My GFX card has a DVI port, so I use a DVI to VGA adapter. And I have more than one ( swithced a couple of times just in case it was broken and the problem did not fix itself ).

I also tried forcing 1920x1080 and the screen just went black

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2011 2:55 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Take a look here
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/81546-lg-w2243s-vga-monitor-problem-windows-7-a.html
or here;
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/910567-lg-monitor-displays-analog-out.html

One guy solved his problem because he used a malfunctioningdvi-vga adapter, but since you tried that already, it won't be your problem I guess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 3:11 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@ThaniX 75741 wrote:

My Monitor doesnt support HDMI unfortunately, and it has a VGA port. My GFX card has a DVI port, so I use a DVI to VGA adapter. And I have more than one ( swithced a couple of times just in case it was broken and the problem did not fix itself ).

I also tried forcing 1920x1080 and the screen just went black

Your monitor is new but it only uses VGA...?
It must not be that great then, basically every modern monitor supports DVI and HDMI.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 6:35 am
Share: