random shut offs.  

RSS
Krunkpirate
(@krunkpirate)
Trusted

I've been having random shut offs on my rig after a few 12+ hour skyrim sessions. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but my event log is useless. Its happened about 4 times now, skyrim may be unrelated and it may have happened due to me cleaning things with an air can. My first assumption was my new power strip was to blame. Moved it to another same deal.... Deep clean because i did a lazy job the first time. BIOS and all drivers are up to date. There was no recent updates to blame. A guy at my work suggested the battery might be at fault. Is there a way to test that other then just replace? Is it beneficial to get a PSU tester or can i just take mine into a computer shop and have them test it? At this point I pretty much just want to make a new rig 600 dollar approx budget. Current rig specs are as follows:
Manufacturer:
Opie
Processor:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory:
8192MB 2x Corsair Vengeance CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9
Hard Drive:
2.5TB aggregate.
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Motherboard:
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Computer Case:
Coolmaster Storm Enforcer Case.

Its not that outdated and my reason for a new rig is i really don't feel this is a optimal gaming setup and would be better suited for a linux box. Might put oracle virtualbox in on it and run a few servers off it utilizing a core or 2 per node. Any advice as far as clock speed is welcome. My preference is AMD/ati unless someone can explain to me why intel/nvidia justifies the cost. Also is liquid cooling really worth the investment?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2012 11:12 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register