Clear all

OCZ leaving RAM market.

Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yeah, I heard about this. sucks.... Luckily they will still be honoring RAM warranties though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2011 12:43 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

WTF why ? OCZ is good make for ram. Mine is OCZ :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2011 8:07 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Wow that sucks. I'm gunna buy OCZ :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2011 11:17 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@I-E-D 57345 wrote:

Wow that sucks. I'm gunna buy OCZ :/

Im gona buy your mum... lol jks but seriously OCZ is one of the cheapest RAM manufacturers here that are actually good quality :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2011 11:27 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Yeah, but we still got corsair, great affordable RAM. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2011 1:00 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru
heimie
(@heimie)
Ninja

I was all OCZ until I bought my first set of Gskill Ripjaws, Still love OCZ and hate to see them go though. I had terrible luck with corsair.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2011 12:11 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Gskill better than Corsair ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2011 1:02 pm
heimie
(@heimie)
Ninja

They look really cool. LOL Seriously, the first set I bought was ripjaws. Plopped then in one of the Folders and started OCing the Phenom II X6. Never had any issues at all with the ram or the OC for that matter. I got the CPU to just under 4ghz and it was still stable, but with the reputation of the AMD CPUs temp readings being way off, I backed it off to 3.36 or so and it folded non stop for several months until I gave up folding the last time. I had some corsair DDR2 in my first gaming rig (E6850, 8800gts,EVGA680i mobo) and couldn't get it to OC for crap. Dropped some OCZ Plats in it and got it to 3.6 something after a cheap water cooling add. The Corsair ram just would not allow me to OC no matter what I set the voltage to. Bad set? Probably. I'm lazy and impatient. LOL Gave the Corsair ram to a friend that needed some cheap ram for thier wifes desktop.

((LOL, Innex, I just read your sig. That is an awesome quote. I just recently bought an old E36 328ic Convertible with the M Style package. I stayed away from the true M because I know I would have found out too soon how much horsepower and torque I had. LOL)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2011 3:53 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@heimie 57497 wrote:

They look really cool. LOL Seriously, the first set I bought was ripjaws. Plopped then in one of the Folders and started OCing the Phenom II X6. Never had any issues at all with the ram or the OC for that matter. I got the CPU to just under 4ghz and it was still stable, but with the reputation of the AMD CPUs temp readings being way off, I backed it off to 3.36 or so and it folded non stop for several months until I gave up folding the last time. I had some corsair DDR2 in my first gaming rig (E6850, 8800gts,EVGA680i mobo) and couldn't get it to OC for crap. Dropped some OCZ Plats in it and got it to 3.6 something after a cheap water cooling add. The Corsair ram just would not allow me to OC no matter what I set the voltage to. Bad set? Probably. I'm lazy and impatient. LOL Gave the Corsair ram to a friend that needed some cheap ram for thier wifes desktop.

((LOL, Innex, I just read your sig. That is an awesome quote. I just recently bought an old E36 328ic Convertible with the M Style package. I stayed away from the true M because I know I would have found out too soon how much horsepower and torque I had. LOL)

I see nice story. Shame your ram didnt turn out to be too good :/ (Corsair).

And yes that quote is epic :L My dad has a 530d Msport package too and I usually drive it to college to show off ofcourse :L I understand the meaning of that quote then 😉 the torque is 320lbs while the M5 E39 has 360 😛 But hp is obviously twice as less at 210rwhp while the m5 EURO version is 400hp at the crank and 382 at wheels.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2011 5:01 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Mushkin FTW... always have used them. Never fails to deliver. Cheapest set imo.

But is sad to see ocz go. I'd always knew them for their ram products.

But can't say it's all bad. They have a very good market in the ssd side. What ever brings the big bucks to OCZ.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2011 2:51 am
Share: