Notifications
Clear all

How much is my computer worth?  

RSS
 Anonymous

I bought this computer about a year ago but thinking of rather buying a laptop. I want to know how much its worth to sell it!!!
Windows 7 Home Basic
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core,CPU E2500 2.50GHz
Installed Memory(RAM): 2.00GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Posted : 27/07/2011 11:34 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

What video card is in it? It won't be worth much at all unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 11:35 am
Tweaked05
(@tweaked05)
Leveling Up

I'm guessing since he didn't list a GPU, it must be integrated graphics. I wouldn't pay more that $150 for that. Sorry. It's just old tech, and not even top of the line at the time. It's just entry level Core 2 tech.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 12:07 pm
iGeForce
(@igeforce)
Guru

Yeh... Although.. I guess you might be able to sell it to your grandmom or something lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 12:46 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Maybe $100.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 4:57 pm
pqnation
(@pqnation)
Padawan

Given that it's a rather old computer with very poor software, I'd say that it's worth no more than $150 dollars. Anything from $100-$150 would be a great amount of money to get from a computer in that condition.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2011 4:17 pm
cyberrunner
(@cyberrunner)
Padawan

If you are lucky, you might get $140 but that is an extreme case scenario. A second hand dual core would be quite hard to sell also as the market is already flooded with them since the new core i3 has hit the market. One year ago you should have gone for a core i3 or quad core right away. Guess you made a bad decision.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2011 4:39 pm
neverforget98
(@neverforget98)
Leveling Up

I'm thinking you might get $100 out of it, maybe a bit more, depending on the day, lol. But it also depends on the HDD too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2011 9:30 am
Hired_Mark
(@hired_mark)
Padawan

60-150 Depends how you play your cards. If there are idiots around you can swindle them for 300 or something of that sort. But something as basic as this, just barely covering the min system requirements for the OS, isn't one of the most sell-able items. Say if it packed XP it would have higher resell value as it will not be burdened by the over-advanced OS but then again it will act as a proof of how out of date is to your customer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2011 12:59 pm
massdeth
(@massdeth)
Renound

dont even sell it...keep it for spare parts. it may be worth more to you as parts later on down the road when you lose some screws or need a case part or need a spare hdd etc....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2011 11:27 pm
Hired_Mark
(@hired_mark)
Padawan

@massdeth 84089 wrote:

dont even sell it...keep it for spare parts. it may be worth more to you as parts later on down the road when you lose some screws or need a case part or need a spare hdd etc....

I agree with that. I have never sold my old machines. I just keep them and its handy to have 2 PC when one of them eventually breaks down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2011 12:53 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Ok, this guy posted once and never responded, this topic does not need to continue..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2011 7:28 am
Share: