Forum

Difference between i7 3770k and 2700k?  

RSS
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Okay so I'm going to be making a very sexy build in roughly 2 months from now and have a good budget for it too.

So I had a look at some CPU models and reviews and I have 2 questions to ask. First one is, what is the difference between the: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (Ivybridge) and the Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz (Sandybridge) ? The price on both is exactly the same and their clock speeds are too. I think ivybridge is newer ? I might be wrong though I don't know.

My other question is since the choice will be from these 2, the socket will obviously be LGA1155. So which motherboard should I be looking at in terms of best performance for value. I don't mind spending £350 or so on one as long as it is good. So far the top notch choices were the Asus Z77 Maximus V Extreme Intel Z77 and Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79.

However I noticed the 2nd motherboard is socket 2011 as I was writing this which is the Sandybridge-E series ? So are they better/newer then? Here is the list of CPUs with 2011 socket available on that site: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=6&subid=1672

Thanks for reading and hope you can help me out :tongue:

- eXile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2013 4:41 am
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register