Notifications
Clear all

Best computer speakers  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Recommend me some decent computer speakers. Nothing crazy. The ones I've been using died so it's time to go shopping. 😀

$50-120 is around what I'm looking for. Thanks

Posted : 10/08/2011 8:19 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836127010 Thank me later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2011 9:59 pm
clamatowas
(@clamatowas)
Jedi

Your mom sounded pretty good last night, I would recommend using her.

Or you can try these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036

and I have these, and I never use my desktop speakers anymore

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2011 10:20 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

ROFL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2011 10:23 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Who doesn't use desktop speakers nub.

Strud, I don't even know if they make mine anymore or if they would be expensive but you should get mine. I'll tell you later, as I'm too lazy to get up and look behind my monitor at the sub to see the name of them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 6:59 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

I don't use speakers. Speakers are for the noobs, The uber 1337 knows headphones are the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 7:01 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@BabyBalla 82430 wrote:

I don't use speakers. Speakers are for the noobs, The uber 1337 knows headphones are the best.

Headphones are for people who game in their parents living room or at night so they don't wake their parents.

SPEAKERS, are the real deal. Why sacrifice all the bass and surround sound for two little earphones. I had good headphones and yeah I liked them but speakers are so much better, the only people who like headphones more are those without proper speakers to experience it properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 7:14 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

@Enad 82432 wrote:

Headphones are for people who game in their parents living room or at night so they don't wake their parents.

SPEAKERS, are the real deal. Why sacrifice all the bass and surround sound for two little earphones. I had good headphones and yeah I liked them but speakers are so much better, the only people who like headphones more are those without proper speakers to experience it properly.

:good:

I have the Z5500 from Logitech, as do a lot of people, and with reason!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 7:58 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@Enad 82432 wrote:

Who said anything about sacrificing? I don't live in a house by myself, I rather not force everyone else listen to gun shots and what not. Besides you said you don't own a pair of good headphones. So.. guess you ended the whole argument. Congrats! :band:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 8:23 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I said I did, my post before this one, just because they're broken now doesn't mean they weren't good before they got stepped on 🙂

You may prefer headphones but it's no argument that Speakers are better for the experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 8:49 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

ok, if you don't want to empty the 401k and yet still want to feel the grenades exploding in your balls,(the vibration from the speakers, not actual fragmentation explosives eviscerating your genitalia) and yet still have cystal clear 'high sound', so you can hear Llotse's 'Spear of Destiny' carving your dogtags off your neck as i release you from this mortal coil, you really want the Logitech Z 2300 series.

http://www.xoxide.com/logitech-z2300-thx-pcspeakers.html

i've had em for almost 2 yrs and i love em. excellent price, excellent quality and performance and......it's right in your price range. 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 9:46 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I'll take speakers over a headset any day. Headsets now days produce good deep bass which is nice, but the problem is that you don't "feel" the bass. With a nice 5.1 speaker system, you are more immersed in the sounds and they sound more life-like. I have a nice-ish headset that I like, but when I want to really game, I use speakers. For me, I only use a headset when I want to talk with the mic while gaming, or while gaming late at night.

@ Spaiker & Llotse, thanks for the suggestions, I'll look those up. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 10:04 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

@strudinox 82466 wrote:

I'll take speakers over a headset any day. Headsets now days produce good deep bass which is nice, but the problem is that you don't "feel" the bass. With a nice 5.1 speaker system, you are more immersed in the sounds and they sound more life-like. I have a nice-ish headset that I like, but when I want to really game, I use speakers. For me, I only use a headset when I want to talk with the mic while gaming, or while gaming late at night.

Exactly my point!

Me and stud know teh real deal. 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 10:13 am
SJentZ
(@sjentz)
Ninja

Both have ups and downs. End. Juuust like most other things.

If everything weighed in one sides favor, then that would win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 10:43 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Headphones + Buttkicker 😀

I can't stand headphones, they itch and stuff 😮

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 11:03 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: