Notifications
Clear all

STALKER 2 Details

strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Not sure if you all have heard, but it looks like they are coming out with a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It will be based on a completely different storyline.

Source

A Q&A session on the official STALKER 2 Facebook page has provided some of the first official details on GSC Game World's next game, which will be the first title in the STALKER series to release for consoles as well as PC.

According to the Q&A, STALKER 2 will offer a completely different story to previous entries in the franchise, though it will still feature some recognisable characters and locations from the older games. The game is confirmed to take place in ' the triangle of CNPP, the cities of Chernobyl and Chernobyl 2 (where the huge antenna is located)'.

Some features, however, have been cut from STALKER 2, such as the faction wars that played such a big part in STALKER: Clear Sky.

On the plus side though, there'll be new mutants and artefacts will be more important and with more uses.

GSC has also commented that, while STALKER 2 will be released as a multiplatform game, the PC version will not suffer as a result and that the new engine will bring new DirectX 11 features to the game.

Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2011 11:14 pm
Devil Dogs SF
(@devil-dogs-sf)
Trusted

Hopefully they truly don't let the PC version suffer or lose features, other than that it sounds good, never was much of a fan of Faction Wars, made the zone feel too populated. More uses for Artefacts could also be cool, if done right and not overpowering everything.

If we're lucky maybe all areas, from the Swamps and Cordon to Jupiter Factory, will be available to the player, that way it would be possible to actually see and explore the CNPP Stancia level(s) between travelling from the south to the north.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 12:25 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

forget S-2, i just wish i could play CS and CoP. 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 1:43 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Stalker 2 sounds good. But why put it on console too ? seriously whats with every new game being on all consoles as well as PC :/ We need more PC exclusives.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 5:59 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

RE: Consoles...

MONIEZ. That is all.

I'll get the first stalkers first 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 10:13 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@I-E-D 56306 wrote:

RE: Consoles...

MONIEZ. That is all.

I'll get the first stalkers first 😛

Shadow of Chernobyl is awesome ! if possible, i would play them in 'chronological according to the storyline' order.
1 Call of Pripyat
2 Shadow of Chernobyl
3 Clear Sky
have fun ! 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 10:18 am
Devil Dogs SF
(@devil-dogs-sf)
Trusted

Other way around Llotse, CS, ShoC, then CoP. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 10:58 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@Devil Dogs SF 56319 wrote:

Other way around Llotse, CS, ShoC, then CoP. 😉

you're right ! sorry, my bad. 😳

yea, what Devil Dogs SF said..........:D
+1 rep

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 12:31 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Really wish this would stay PC, I can't imagine how shitty the console version will be.
But thank god they got rid of Faction Wars, that's what I hate about CS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2011 3:12 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

when i play SoC, i stay 'Loner' otherwise you have hassles w/ one of the factions all the time in addition to the Monolithians....and the mutants.....and the bandits. lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 2:49 am
Devil Dogs SF
(@devil-dogs-sf)
Trusted

Hopefully GSC can get some of the AMK mod features from ShoC, or at least make a load of optional features (Invisible, dynamic anomalies, radiation and anomaly detectors, etc) in Gameplay Settings of S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. Unfortunately, they already announced on GSC forums artefact transmution won't happen, right shame that, it was an amazing feature of most ShoC mods.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 9:57 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@Enad 56367 wrote:

Really wish this would stay PC, I can't imagine how shitty the console version will be.
But thank god they got rid of Faction Wars, that's what I hate about CS.

You hate something you don't have to do? Nothing wrong with extra optional content. I like it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2011 1:04 pm
Share: