Post your screensho...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Post your screenshots! Any game!  

Page 51 / 81
  RSS
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Lhotse, just look at my recent Skyrim screenshots in this thread. With all the mods, beats BF3 in most visual aspects:

  • Lighting looks far more natural and realistic
  • Overall texture quality shits on BF3
  • Much better bump maps
  • Much better vegetation models
  • Subsurface scattering (though it seems static)
  • Better AA
  • Better overall shader quality
  • Much better water

Again, your shots of Serious Sam 3 just show nothing really. Just tits. Here are some good environmental shots and note that it isn't even maxed out. Graphics settings are a bit higher in my videos but do make sure you click on the Serious Sam 3 ones. The game looks like shit? It's really you who needs an eye exam, sorry to say. Serious Sam 3 makes great use of modern graphics technology. I'm really one of very few people fit to judge games graphically (and in general, not that I'm pointing to you but I'm just boasting). Serious Sam 3 has:

  • Good lighting system
  • Best parallax mapping I've ever seen
  • Superior bump maps
  • Much better overall texture quality than BF3
  • Better particles than BF3
  • Subsurface scattering
  • Much more impressive shaders in urban environments

You're really blind if you say they look like cartoons. Enad showed you, look at Borderlands 2 or The Walking Dead if you want cartoon graphics. I think it's just bad wording on your part, so you should have said "less realistic". Well first of all, my list already compensated for that by saying the games look better technically than BF3. As in, they use superior graphics technology and have much greater attention to detail in terms of visuals. But still, you're wrong. Everything but The Witcher 2 has a more realistic look than BF3. DICE was confused when making BF3, they weren't sure if they wanted it to look like a fantasy game or realistic game. The highly overdone lighting/bloom leans it toward fantasy.

And I can factor in mods. Why? Because they're available for those games. I'd be happy to compare them to modded BF3 but.. oh wait! BF3 being the lazy console port it is doesn't allow for modding. Thanks a lot EA.

All you say is how BF3 looks better than these games, but you can't mention how. It seems like you just want to believe BF3 is better looking, because everyone else thinks so. However, everyone else simply consists of blind sheep for the most part, so don't take their word. When I said that Crysis 2 multiplayer is designed for children, I didn't say that to insult. It's the honest truth. Kids these days jump all over Call of Duty and similar games, Crysis 2 multiplayer is clearly inspired directly by Call of Duty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 9:56 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Lhotse, you have to realise Me, Enad and Jester all met at the same Crysis forum. We're huge fans of the original game and it is in EVERY way superior to Crysis 2 and 3. It's so cliche that they went to new york, and the graphics aren't even that much improved.

Crysis 3 is possibly the most boring and imbalanced game I've played since Crysis 2. The alpha the bow, alien weapons and killstreaks were overpowered. In the beta they've now ruined the bow unless you're in hunter mode.

Out of the 6 games I played, I won 5 and came second once (after finally fixing the shockingly optimised graphics).

Battlefield 3 looks good hey? Someone needs their eyes tested, or at least to turn the red and green up on their monitor. EA banned anyone using the FXAA injection tool that made the game look up to scratch.

I still think Crysis 1 with all the mods we've discussed before (vegetation/ToD's etc) completely destroys every game I've played since.

srylhotseurwrng

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 5:56 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

nothing you've posted even approaches this level of realism... not one.
everything you think is better, looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting. i mean it's ok if you like that better but please...stop embarrassing yourself by even mentioning Serious Sam 3...:eyeroll: just forget that game. it's becoming awkward.
you can go on and on about little, tiny, barely percievable nuances you think are not up to standard but no matter what you say, EVERY SINGLE SHOT you posted looks like a painting and in no way comes close to real life as what's below.
end of.

screenshot-7_zpsd9bd82dd.jpg

screenshot-29_zps8bcc5b54.jpg

screenshot-23_zps82e99491.jpg

screenshot-32_zpsc2e7940e.jpg

screenshot-31_zps6158c0f9.jpg

screenshot-20_zps3f03a84e.jpg

screenshot-13_zps2c71af74.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 6:02 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@Lhotse 115611 wrote:

nothing you've posted even approaches this level of realism... not one.
everything you think is better, looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting. i mean it's ok if you like that better but please...stop embarrassing yourself by even mentioning Serious Sam 3...:eyeroll: just forget that game. it's becoming awkward.
you can go on and on about little, tiny, barely percievable nuances you think are not up to standard but no matter what you say, EVERY SINGLE SHOT you posted looks like a painting and in no way comes close to real life as what's below.
end of.

Lhotse, if you want to see a painting, play Dishonored. The only impressive visual aspect in those screenshots is the look of the clothing on the soldiers. And of course, they're touched up also, bringing up the picture quality/clarity and anti-aliasing. This can be more proof of your bad eyesight, not being able to distinguish between touched up pre-release screenshots and in-game. :lmao:

And again, regarding Serious Sam 3, you can't pinpoint anything that looks better or worse than BF3. You really don't know what you're talking about, but overall I might actually give the edge to BF3 just because desert areas look much better in BF3.

But even then that's a tough one, Sam 3's urban environments are better and BF3 leaves more to be desired. Never in Sam 3 do you come across things and go "woah, this looks bad!" It happens a lot in BF3. They're not tiny oversights, BF3's graphics are simply not industry leading and it's a shame how people think it is. I don't think it only has to do with people having horrible eyesight either, it's just people purposely blinding themselves and believing what they want to believe, and just following the herd.

Post all the BF3 screenshots you want, some might find them entertaining so thanks for that. But this doesn't change the fact that BF3 is bested by many games (all the ones I listed) in terms of visual realism, and technical graphics achievement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 6:12 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Lhotse I'm starting to think you're going blind! :p

I honestly don't know what you're seeing, no game on Jesters list is animated or looks like a painting in any way, at all. You've played Dishonored, THAT looks like a painting.

I was waiting for you to post those touched up pre-release screenshots. Yes they look good, but too bad they don't look anything close to what the actual game looks like.

They're clearly edited, and the developers have staged them to make them look as good as possible. I didn't think anyone actually thought those WEREN'T edited!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 6:14 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

*hey..don't edit my post. you say what you want to me and i should have the right to do the same.
if this is what you're going to resort to, then i have nothing to say to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 6:58 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Are you drunk again? And I had to edit your post, since you got a little bit excited and violated the ToS. It doesn't matter if you politely tell me anything, you're just a user on this site and I'm the lead moderator. I've proven you wrong so many times, and all you've proven is this:

A) You're blind
B) You're incapable of arguing in any way, shape, or form. All you can do is repeat your incorrect facts and opinions, and back them up with nothing. Or, like now, you resort to outbursts of insults just like a child.

The two shots you posted above show that Enad was right a few pages back, all you do is take the most random useless screenshots. What does a screenshot of an actual HIGH RES titty monster prove? Aside from the fact that you love video game tits and ass, which you've shown us many times over the course of your stay here at GND-Tech. We all get the point bro. :drunk:

Now regarding those BF3 screenshots, look at yours (if you can even see them... since they're so small, nor do they really show anything to look at) and look at those pre-release ones. I don't even think EA conceals the fact that they're touched up. It's not significant, just clarity/definition and anti-aliasing, but they're still touched up. Only the most hardcore BF3 fanboys would believe they're not touched up. You probably also meant to say maximum settings instead of high, though a number of your screenshots (in general) prove that you often fail to adjust graphics settings somehow. You're once again just proving that you just lie to yourself and choose to believe it. Have fun with that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 7:13 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

3pcxwr.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 8:03 pm
WASD
 WASD
(@wasd)
Pirate

I like joes screenshot the best. what game is that from anyways?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 8:23 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@Jester 115617 wrote:

Are you drunk again? And I had to edit your post, since you got a little bit excited and violated the ToS. It doesn't matter if you politely tell me anything, you're just a user on this site and I'm the lead moderator. I've proven you wrong so many times, and all you've proven is this:

A) You're blind
B) You're incapable of arguing in any way, shape, or form. All you can do is repeat your incorrect facts and opinions, and back them up with nothing. Or, like now, you resort to outbursts of insults just like a child.

The two shots you posted above show that Enad was right a few pages back, all you do is take the most random useless screenshots. What does a screenshot of an actual HIGH RES titty monster prove? Aside from the fact that you love video game tits and ass, which you've shown us many times over the course of your stay here at GND-Tech. We all get the point bro. :drunk:

Now regarding those BF3 screenshots, look at yours (if you can even see them... since they're so small, nor do they really show anything to look at) and look at those pre-release ones. I don't even think EA conceals the fact that they're touched up. It's not significant, just clarity/definition and anti-aliasing, but they're still touched up. Only the most hardcore BF3 fanboys would believe they're not touched up. You probably also meant to say maximum settings instead of high, though a number of your screenshots (in general) prove that you often fail to adjust graphics settings somehow. You're once again just proving that you just lie to yourself and choose to believe it. Have fun with that.

ToS ?! for who ?! it's just like 4 or 5 poeple here !
facts ? the both of you read a few articles and think you know everything and you don't. you keep trying to say that Serious Sam 3 looks great and it just doesn't. i dont know why you're being so stubborn about it but who fukin cares. it looks like shit. fun to play but awful graphics.
at this point your credibilty is ...well ..lol you're a nice guy and your smart but i'm not budging on this and you and Gonad are just going to be yourselves.
whatever.
i didn't 'fail' to adjust anything on SS3. Max on everything and that's what it looks like. I'm not knocking the game but you dont even have BF3 on PC do you ? and i seem to recall that Gonad plays on his buddies system....:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 8:25 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@Lhotse 115623 wrote:

i dont know why you're being so stubborn about it but who fukin cares. it looks like shit. fun to play but awful graphics.

I'm always the guy who spreads knowledge and shoots down ridiculous statements such as these.

@Lhotse 115623 wrote:

at this point your credibilty is ...well

I'll help you out there: above all, of utmost perfection, etc.

@Lhotse 115623 wrote:

i didn't 'fail' to adjust anything on SS3. Max on everything and that's what it looks like. I'm not knocking the game but you dont even have BF3 on PC do you ? and i seem to recall that Gonad plays on his buddies system....:D

Well that statement was in general, and not specific to SS3. Regardless, SS3 had most of its graphics settings outside of the game in cfg files. No way would you adjust those. Only recently did they update it to allow you change them all in-game. When doing so, it looks more realistic and better technically than BF3 in urban and indoor environments. And yes, I do have BF3 on PC hence me making the review. Here is the third sentence of the review. Not exactly hard to find.

Quote:
We look exclusively at the PC version
ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 8:46 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

We read a few articles? What? Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? lol

I haven't really been arguing here, but you're not helping your stance because you literally provide nothing of substance to your arguments while Jester provides actual details and proof to his. You don't have to budge, but just know that you're wrong.

Anyways, Jester does own it on PC(Somehow he got 80 hours on it which is incredible) and I played a good amount of the alpha and beta, both were better than what BF3 is now haha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 8:47 pm
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

@Joe 115609 wrote:

Lhotse, you have to realise Me, Enad and Jester all met at the same Crysis forum.

*Ahem?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 9:24 pm
Dahorak
(@dahorak)
Padawan

This thread is so pointless. You all post screenshots of the same game over and over again and it ends in a retarded argument. Honestly, the mods you guys put into the games really don't make it look better. It looks exactly the same as it does vanilla, and if you want to shut me down or call me blind/stupid then you are arrogant and can't accept another persons opinion and should leave the internet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 9:36 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Ahhh, the words of someone who has clearly never properly modded a game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2013 10:09 pm
Page 51 / 81
Share: