Clear all

Origin?  

Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

I read this article;
http://www.gamefront.com/ea-pulls-crysis-2-from-steam-say-its-origin-only/
Anyone has more intel about it?

Seems to me if every (big) game developper wants a service, you are running X-copies of a steam like client. Soon we will have 2GB of ram filled only to be able to run games let alone playing.
What are your thoughts about this?

Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2011 3:04 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

I also read an article. EA Claimed they didn't pull it, Steam decided to for some legal reasons with Crytek.

Not sure about Alice though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 5:44 am
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

Alice is up on Steam (apparently, got this from Enad) after Origin was so bugged that users couldn't dl it at all. Users who bought C2 through Steam can still download and play it at least

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 7:07 am
Kew
 Kew
(@kew)
Renound

I'm just gonna buy CD copies of everything EA now, and register non-steam games on steam. I don't want to encourage them.

Well actually I do that already, because Steam over-charges for everything on the EU store, but if I'm going to support any Online Store, I'll support Steam. Especially because of their amazing sales 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 4:37 pm
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

@Kew 76415 wrote:

I'm just gonna buy CD copies of everything EA now, and register non-steam games on steam. I don't want to encourage them.

Well actually I do that already, because Steam over-charges for everything on the EU store, but if I'm going to support any Online Store, I'll support Steam. Especially because of their amazing sales 😀

The problem with Steam is that because they have no inventory to move, games don't drop in price very quickly. Take DA2 for example. You can (or at least could) get it on Amazon for 35 bucks new, but on Steam it's still 60 bucks. That being said, their sales are amazing. So always check the price of a game that you're buying if it's not on sale

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2011 4:52 pm
Kew
 Kew
(@kew)
Renound

I miss the olden days though, Europe used to be able to purchase in dollars, those where the days :tongue:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2011 4:51 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

2 words.
Screw EA.

I don't wanna take place in their shitty service, as long as they put Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 on Steam, I will be fine with all of this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2011 7:05 pm
Share: