Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  

RSS
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

Anyone else here have an interest in this game ? No matter where I look, I can't find anything less than an extremely favorable review anywhere with the lone criticism being the overall length of the game at 6-7 hrs. but at a $29.99 full retail price on Steam, it's hard to be too critical about that.
It's gotten a 9/10 on Steam, 4.6/5 on GOG and an 82% on Metacritic. It's described as a "cinematic psychological horror action-adventure" and an ​"independent AAA" game by the developer Ninja Theory.
"The story is about a Pict based on Celtic mythology and Norse mythology. The game is focused on Senua's point of view, as she embarks on a very personal journey through a hellish underworld made up of Senua's psychotic manifestations of her reality and mind."

IGN said: "It follows the titular Senua, a celtic warrior, who embarks on a mission to the homeland of the Northmen in order to penetrate the depths of their version of hell, the mythological Norse land of the dead called Helheim. It's bound by threads of historical fiction, historical non-fiction, mythology, and metaphor all admirably weaved together to create a unique backdrop that's ripe for exploring the darker tones and themes Hellblade tackles."

"Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a masterclass of atmosphere, storytelling, and the marriage of mechanical and conceptual design. While there are moments that feel shoehorned in to remind us we’re playing a videogame, the care and attention Ninja Theory has clearly poured into Senua and her story has created something amazing. This is a game everyone should play, and I’m thankful for the opportunity to have lived inside the mind of Senua, however briefly."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/08/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice-review

I've watched some trailers and some gameplay vids on YT and from everything I've seen and read, this looks like a sleeper hit and something worth investing in.

yyPiIQd.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 2:07 am
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register