Crysis 2 Demo XBOX ...

Notifications
Clear all

Crysis 2 Demo XBOX Review

Page 1 / 2
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Ok I have got the demo for Crysis 2 on XBOX and will be playing it tonight. I will post a review + a video shortly. (tonight ish)

I ll keep you updated,

iNNeX

_____________________________________________________________________________________

First update

Graphics

The graphics are not actually that bad on the xbox. When you first join a server you need to wait 5-10 seconds for all the textures and models to load fully (baring in mind I installed the demo on my 4GB memory stick not on the original HDD) and it was still fast. Water effects are great, particle effects are OK-ish, I expected better or maybe its just because its a demo... The engine itself is 5.8-6.3GB big so this is minimal at 1.8GB. So on graphics I would say 8/10

Gameplay

Gameplay is ok, it is nowhere as enthusiastic or impressive though as the trailer showed it to be. I know it is only Team Deathmatch style at the moment but sorry its just not that good. You also waste energy when you try to go to armour mode ? WTF ? What is your original mode then :/ that your always in ? None you dont have armour by default you have to go in it. Cloack mode is so lame as well, it recharges in less than 3 seconds and I can walk around / run around even with it ON for about 10-15 seconds. The strafe jump is pretty bad too Im not too much of a fan in jumping around but I do know how it was in Crysis Wars, and this is nowhere near. Weapons are extremely accurate (Call of Crysis 2 ?) and no need to even aim for most occasions. Snipers are pretty much 1 hit 1 kill unless you realise you will be shot with one and go into Armour at first :/ (good luck with that). Physics are OK-ish again nothing better than what we have seen already in the previous series. Overall I would say 5/10

I am trying to make a video too, but damn it takes me like 10 minutes to join a lobby all of them are full or you get dropped all the time or sometimes not even connect ? WTF ? Crytek is this what you call good support for consoles ? If this is what they concentrated on, I cant imagine how bad the PC version will be :/

I ll keep you posted when I find the time and nerves to connect to a proper good server tonight that doesn't lag (pingwise) and I ll make a 10 minute or so video of pure gameplay. You be the judge.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Second update

Ok I am going to talk a bit about that new "WEAPON" of ours the Nanosuit 2.0 Now it is an amazing concept and how it works is pretty impressive but implementing that in a call of duty styled gameplay is just so bad. I will describe each function below:

- Armour - In order to use this new armour/shield ability (which is not default anymore as it requires energy -.-) you will need to enable it. When you do it gives you some kind of hp/shield boost for a limited time or it goes down on impact. So even if your not being shot it will still go down due to the energy depleting. Its quite pointless because by the time you get in a fight and turn it on you ll be dead or on very low health.

- Cloack - Now this is the new "NOOB" ability. Cloack in the previous series was not that bad as players that used it can be heard and seen (it wasnt that hard to spot). Here though you cannot seem to hear them or you need to be super close to do so. You can enable the lame mode and it will keep you cloacked for roughly 15 seconds no matter walking/standing still. Then you get it off as it says ENERGY LOW and after that it takes 4 seconds to get full energy again so you can go into cloack for another 15 seconds ? I mean what the F*** is this ? Cloack battles ?

- Jump - When you jump by tapping the jump key once it jumps as it should (normally). Hold it for 2 seconds and it uses the suit or something to blast yourself up a bit more (strenght jump ? ). When you jump high or are high somewhere and falling down you can hold B on the xbox and the player will come down crashing onto the ground with a "powerfist" I call it. It does area damage and it is highly abused in multiplayer. Seriously this game needs a ton of fixing which I doubt Crytek will do anytime soon...

I couldnt even figure out how to do Speed/Strenght kind of stuff and you need to rank up to level 5 in order to customize your suit... great.... another CoD feature (level up to get advantage over others -.-)

There's alot of hype around this game, (in which I dont see the point of) and it's competition is pretty steep actually with Battlefield 3 in the works, Bulletstorm, and likely a new Modern Warfare coming in 2011. So it better be a lot better than the demo or it will end up like Medal of Honour. Hype for 2 weeks then after a month it died out almost completely.

Video is still pending.

Thanks for reading.

Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2011 10:52 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Sounds terrible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 11:46 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Wow it sounds like shit..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 11:51 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Nice writeup 🙂

Definitely not a game i'm going to buy..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 12:01 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

I still love how they think 12 player MP is acceptable for a 2011 game. lulz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 12:02 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Enad, it's dial-up friendly! :lmao:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 12:03 pm
Jebidiah
(@jebidiah)
Leveling Up

What is xbox, this i have never heard. Does it play vcr like gamecube?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 12:23 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Updated with a second update. And Enad you are right even on a small map I had to run around quite a bit to actually find someone, then get sniped or shotgunned by a rank 7 cloacked noob -.-

@Jebidiah 58114 wrote:

What is xbox, this i have never heard. Does it play vcr like gamecube?

Google it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2011 12:37 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

LOL Game cube doesn't play VCR!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 1:09 pm
critical
(@critical)
Trusted

this Jebidiah guy is honestly making me cry from what he types. hahahahaha oh and btw whats the deal with this crysis like military simulator.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 1:37 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

It's a totally different game from a totally different company, just bought the rights to the Cryengine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 1:46 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE
Crysis 3: Maximum Chickx

Frysis_Widescreen_No_Titles_by_recurring.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2011 2:07 pm
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Is that a pidgeon?
Sounds like a terrible game to me :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 2:59 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Its a chicken

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2011 3:09 pm
lefty
(@lefty)
Leveling Up

I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about this game. Add me to the list of those who wont be getting it. Too bad really as the first one was arguably one of the greatest games ever made. I blame the consoles

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2011 7:09 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: