Best games to never see the light of day?  

RSS
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Whether they be vaporware or canceled games, there are some amazing game ideas that never see the light of day. What are some of the ones that stand out to you? For me, there's a few.

• Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound - "You cannot kill guilt." Who wouldn't have wanted to see this game? Everyone was amazed by the first two Baldur's Gate games back in the day, which were made by Bioware. Black Isle Studios, the developers of Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2, and the Icewind Dale franchise were set to make BG3: The Black Hound. The quote I used earlier was to be the game's motto. Black Isle Studios had the best writing talent in video game history, and they were going to make BG3 on a 3D engine! But it never happened. It would later be revealed that the engine was going to be used for their version of Fallout 3 (not Bethesda's version, which is totally different), but neither game ever saw the light of day. I don't think BG3: The Black Hound was ever officially canceled, but we all know it's never going to happen. Overhaul Games wants to make a BG3 that's not based on The Black Hound, but I doubt this will ever happen either.
  • Open World Aliens RPG from Obsidian Entertainment - One of many canned ideas from this great studio, who brought us Fallout: New Vegas, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II.

These are what sprung to mind first for me, though I remember that Obsidian had many other awesome ideas that got canned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2014 1:54 pm
Share:

You Might Also Like

Working

Please Login or Register