Notifications
Clear all

Pain Clan Website

Page 1 / 2
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Ok basically my clan has a really lame website that was done ages ago in a free website design thing and it sucks.

Here it is: http://www.wix.com/xeqtr93/crysis

It doesn't even have a proper URL lol.

Anyway so I thought of making a completely out of scratch new website for it. Here is what I got up to so far. Everything you see on that picture is custom made, background, template, logo etc.

Tell me what you think and it still needs quite a bit of editing so its nowhere near final stage.

backgroundsite.png

And also should I use these white buttons or this other one I made ages ago:

buttontemplatehome.png

Thanks,

iNNeX aka XeqtR

Topic starter Posted : 15/01/2011 5:41 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Looks kinda cheesy.
I can't say I love it, but it's not that bad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 8:12 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

What do you mean by cheesy ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/01/2011 8:25 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

The characters of the games on the side, looks like something that would go on a Youtube Channel, not a website.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 8:36 am
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

It doesn't look like that when i click on the link. :huh:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 8:59 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Agreed with the youtube channel ness.

I like the idea, you just need to plan out the layout of the insides (the outsides can be perfected later). I also think building a website from a picture is a bad idea. Should do it from a concept.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 9:08 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

actually, i dig it just the way it is. i like the game characters on the side. it's a clan site and you have all the relevant game characters represented. i would go w/ what you have and tweak it here and there w/ new game characters as you change the games your clan plays.:good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 9:36 am
Spartan
(@spartan)
Ninja

Agreed with the above peoples, But it looks good so far mate, keep it up 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 11:23 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

CHeers for the feedback.

@Darken that is my old website, this is the replacement so ofcourse it is not going to look like that (:

@Enad I dont see anything wrong with the background yes I have to change the characters as we change games but thats not biggie, and its supose to look more GAMES concentrated so I think its fine. The Pain youtube channel I have made will have a similar layout with the same characters.

It is still WIP and I will be changing quite a major bit from what you are seeing now. Background will stay the same.

Ty for the feedback.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/01/2011 12:06 pm
iGeForce
(@igeforce)
Guru

Looks nice imo 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 3:14 pm
TheHardest
(@thehardest)
Leveling Up

I wouldn't put a big image as background either. Takes longer to load...
And I would use the black buttons but thats just taste.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2011 5:07 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Ive already tried it my friend it doesnt take that long to load actually. Same as GND. And black buttons look better i think too I ll probably change them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/01/2011 5:04 pm
TheHardest
(@thehardest)
Leveling Up

Because you have a fast connection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2011 4:13 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Does GND take long for you to load ? My connection atm is terrible. Its 8MB broadband its crap... Im upgrading to 50MB Virgin Fiber Optic next week (:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/01/2011 6:55 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Cool CONCEPT.

Some things to note:

Files, probably shouldn't include this unless you have server space.
Videos same thing. I know your probably going to locally host this. But still. Unless your planing to leave your computer on all the time. I wouldn't suggest it.

Windows make a horrible server os. SO many flaws and security holes.

Secondly:

All,

I'm sure iNNeX knows about web image compression, there are formats about there which keeps the image really really small but yet with all its original quality. If iNNeX doesn't know about it. I'm shocked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2011 1:14 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: