Mumble!  

RSS
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Okay i have setup mumble.

Feel free to use it. You can make a temporary channel by going in it. Once you leave the channel is gone. The only admin are Strud and me(OrosEcho_ on server). Strudinox is pretty much clueless. Cept he can ban and kick people. I probably won't add any admins unless you beg and strud says so 😀 yeah i'm mean. But i not many uses mumble so i doubt we get into any trouble.

If you need any other channels made or any channels passworded PM me!

Enjoy your still

-BabyBalla

Posted : 01/08/2010 3:38 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

Step 1: Download Mumble via this link.

Step 2: Run the file you just downloaded and install Mumble (Client), which is already selected by default.

Step 3: Run Mumble.

Step 4: You will be prompted with the Certificate Wizard. Here you can create or import a (email-)certificate to uniquely identify you. You're not required to run it, but it enables some advanced features like whispers. (among other things)

Step 5: You will be prompted to run the Audio Wizard. Do so.
(Be warned, the mumble audio wizard does take a few minutes to go through, but taking the time to do this will greatly improve your quality and performance.)

Step 6: The first page will ask you what input/output devices you want to use, it is recomended that you choose the specific devise you will be using over the "default" for each. The second page will ask you to tune the volume of your microphone. The third page will ask you how your input should function, and it is strongly advised that you choose 'push to talk' rather than the default method, and simply pick a key to be pressed when you want to talk. This way we don't run the risk of ending up hearing everything that's going on inside your room at all times. This concludes the Audio Wizard.

Step 7: You should now see the general interface of Mumble. Click Server in the menu, and select Connect.

Step 8: Ignore the Server Browser, and instead click the tab Custom Server. Enter a Label of your choice (GND for example), then enter the

Address: 64.34.202.140, and the
Port: 2562

in their corresponding fields. Also select a Username for yourself, preferably your character's name, and you can leave Password blank.

=== Lazy way ===

mumble://64.34.202.140:2562/?version=1.2.2

==============

Step 9: Once all the fields are filled in, click the Add button below to save the server, then click Connect.

Step 10: You may be presented with a window talking about an unsigned SSL certificate - simply click yes to accept it.

Step 11: Go to Configure->Settings and at the Audio Input tab set the quality slider to 40kb/s (or adjust it to what you think your connection can handle).

Step 12: You're done! You should now see a list of channels, so simply join the one the rest of the players are in, and you should be able to hear everyone's angelic voices coming through your speakers or headphones!

Optional: Click Configure in the menu, select Settings, and look for a box next to Advanced, If you check this box, it will unlock the rest of the tabs, as well as more advanced configurations. The new tabs include Audio Input, Audio Output, and the snazzy Overlay feature to name a few. Play around with these settings if you want to, and if you feel that you have the time.

Push-to-Talk Settings: If you've not selected Push-to-Talk during the wizard, or setting it up went wrong, you can set it manually through the Settings menu. Go to the Shortcuts tab, click the 'Add' button to create a new shortcut. Select 'Push-to-Talk' as function, then click on the shortcut column and press the key you want to use. When that is done, go to the Audio Input tab and select 'Push-to-Talk' as transmit option. See also the attached screenshots.

Testing your settings: If you're experiencing trouble, you can easily test your settings by enabling the 'Advanced' checkbox and going to Audio Ouput. There you'll find a setting called 'Loopback Test'. Set this to Local and Apply to test your audio (if you talk you'll hear yourself now). You can also set it to Server to test your network connection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2010 3:45 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Awesome ty for getting it all together. 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2010 3:48 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Great how-to, +REP!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2010 4:00 pm
WASD
 WASD
(@wasd)
Pirate

ive heard of mumble but never used it... what makes it better to use than like teamspeak?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2010 4:02 pm
SJentZ
(@sjentz)
Ninja

Yeah.. wondering about that to, why have Teamspeak AND mumble??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2010 4:26 pm
miteoj
(@miteoj)
Renound

this would be epic if I had a headset!

Thanks for taking your time to set this up, i'll get looking for something to get 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2010 4:29 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

It's got a pretty nice in game interface like steam. When someone talks it shows it. It also has ingame 3d sound. So if you are playing with teamates on a FPS game, depending on where they are next to you, you will hear their voice in that direction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2010 4:36 pm
miteoj
(@miteoj)
Renound

wow, that's really clever. definately getting on this asap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2010 4:38 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@strudinox 28625 wrote:

It's got a pretty nice in game interface like steam. When someone talks it shows it. It also has ingame 3d sound. So if you are playing with teamates on a FPS game, depending on where they are next to you, you will hear their voice in that direction.

Only some game works atm
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Games
thats the list

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2010 8:01 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register