Notifications
Clear all

What is your favorite case?  

RSS
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator
rcranfield wrote:
I have the 1200. Good airflow, but they make it very hard to clean the filters. And drive installation is a hassle as well. But it is easy to work in. Cable management is OK, but it gets tight around the PSU/HDD bays.

Yeah I cannot see why they call the Antec 1200 a full tower case and the COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper a mid tower. None of them have E-ATX mounts and the CM Storm Sniper is much larger.

Antec 1200
4.png

Antec 1200
31.jpg

Not much longer than my Antec 300, just a tiny bit wider and quite a lot taller.

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper

16.jpg

^^Not a GTX 295 but you can see there is much more room. Also note the PSU fan faces up in the Antec 1200 and down in the CM Storm Sniper. This is because the 1200 has no bottom intakes at all, so the fan has to face up and the PSU will not bring in fresh, cool air from outside the case. In the Storm Sniper there is a filtered bottom intake for the PSU on a tray (which is rubberized to reduce vibrations) as well as a filtered optional 120mm bottom intake fan, so the PSU takes in fresh air and cools the components better.

Antec 1200
22.9" x 8.4" x 20.2" (L x W x H)

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper
22" x 10" x 21.7" (L x W x H)

Posted : 27/03/2009 9:30 pm
Share: