(@darken1)
Jedi

That is one sick thing 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 11:02 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

I've seen such a project before. really nice how they make that, but there are some downsizes to it. Like the fact that your desk will get hot, or dust that crops up. I also have seen a guy that made some copper tubes in his fundation of his house and used is a cooling loop for his pc 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 11:10 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

That looks soo cool. Not sure on the practicality of it though 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 11:34 am
werty316
(@werty316)
Padawan

Great idea to show off to whoever but I don't see the point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 5:33 pm
wierdo124
(@wierdo124)
Jedi

not a new concept

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 6:30 pm
clamatowas
(@clamatowas)
Jedi

@werty316 44947 wrote:

The point is because you can, those who can do, those who cannot bitch about it 😉

KJ I do agree it is a bit.... extrmeme

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 7:04 pm
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

that is just incredible. i appreciate when people try to think outside the box and that's just what that guy did. i wonder, labor aside, just how much money he's got tied up in that rig. mind you, i know guys w/ $60k motorcycles but still, that's pretty cool.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2010 9:01 pm
Briar_Rabbit
(@briar_rabbit)
Leveling Up

That is sweet, but can you imagine the pain it would be if to take everything apart if something broke?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 1:45 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@werty316 44947 wrote:

Yep its pointless and if you have spare time and money to waste go ahead and go it anyone (:

Or just buy a HAF-X and sh! 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 5:20 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@XeqtR 45027 wrote:

Yep its pointless and if you have spare time and money to waste go ahead and go it anyone (:

Or just buy a HAF-X and sh! 😀

Pointless? Really? Same thing saying a R34 with 1500hp, its pointless.

The whole point of this desk/case was the save room. Look at the very first picture and the final product. Look that the amount of room has now. On top of that look how clean it is. Barely any wires.

It's amazing if i had the time and money i would surely do something like this. Although i'm working on designing my tech station/bench. Leaving the 'case' world and moving on to open air.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 5:37 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

tWkR makes a valid point. i know guys w/ $60,000.00 Harley's who only ride them in nice weather during the warmer months of the year and guys w/ high end sports cars who have a LOT more money invested in them than that. this guy uses that rig all the time because that's what he's into. when you break it down into how much he spent vs. how much use he gets out of it, it's really not that crazy.
a decent Porsche runs about $80-90K and you can bet that anyone who owns one is not gonna be driving it in the winter......while this guy's at home enjoying his awesome pc rig.:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 11:00 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@tWkR 45030 wrote:

Pointless? Really? Same thing saying a R34 with 1500hp, its pointless.

The whole point of this desk/case was the save room. Look at the very first picture and the final product. Look that the amount of room has now. On top of that look how clean it is. Barely any wires.

It's amazing if i had the time and money i would surely do something like this. Although i'm working on designing my tech station/bench. Leaving the 'case' world and moving on to open air.

For me that is veryyy pointless (not the R34, the case). I would never do it, costs a lot and takes too much time. I ll rather be normal person and buy a computer CASE that is normal and room isn't a problem for me.

In his case maybe but in mine its a big waste.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 11:10 am
Lhotse
(@lhotse)
Guru

@XeqtR 45085 wrote:

I ll rather be normal person and buy a computer CASE that is normal and room isn't a problem for me.

'normal' ? what is that ? like the characters in an episode of 'Leave it to Beaver' ? 😀
to me, the term 'normal' is one of the most subjective and vaguest terms in the english language.
Edit: you might agree that it's probably a good thing that Karl Benz wasn't quite satisfied with...'normal'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 11:40 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

No point getting a 3000000MPH car when the limit is 70. The point of the desk PC is to remove the case and save room.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 11:51 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register