Whoot!! NICE!! Keep us posted! 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2010 9:57 pm
just4funUK
(@just4funuk)
Trusted

@Darken1 22680 wrote:

Well my friends today is a sad day for Miguel. :cray:

The PSU is a PC Power And Cooling 1200 ESA i paid $600.00 for the darn thing. :swearing:

QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got your PSU repaired/replaced. This was my main worry when I started to look at adding power hungry GPU's. I decided to add a second PSU. I purchased a Thermaltake 250W Express (VGA only PSU) to help the OCZ 600W power the 2x 9800GX2's I have in my folding machine. I am now in the process of looking at getting possible another Thermaltake 250W Express so my XFX 280GTX can also be installed and to reduce the strain on the current PSU's in the machine.As all the cards are rated under 250w I should have no problems with this setup (excpet keeping them cool 🙂 ). With the temps in the UK over the last couple of weeks this has not made cooling easy. My PC has the side off laying down with two 120mm fans on top (one drawing air into the card intake/fan the other blowing the exhaust air away to remove the heat as quick as possible. One card still mangers to hit 91oC due to the hot weather over here (UK) that we have been experiencing and thats with the cards stripped from there cases.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2010 5:26 pm
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

Thanks 🙂
Yeah thats a good idea, you dont want to overload your PSU like i'm doing right now.

I think the best solution is to use two smaller PSU's instead of a large one, the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W PSU is a good choice when the price is right, this is what Atlas folder is using on his 295 folding farm
he runs 4 295's on an MSI mobo.

Funny thing is that my PSU never died while running on full load, it died when i power it up after some system maintenance, this was the second time the first time it died the same way when i turned back on after a few hours of downtime.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2010 4:51 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Oh, and have a WU courtesy of me 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2010 5:08 pm
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi