Clear all

Sad Day For Darken  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

Well my friends today is a sad day for Miguel. :cray:

It all started the moment i decided to move my computer desk and the Borg closer to the window, the idea was to position all my exhaust fans facing the window to allow the heat to go out the window instead of turning my living room in to a green house.

So i took everything apart, cleaned it all monitor, computers,desk got all the clutter out of the way, rerouted some of the wiring on my main rig, reinstall the side pannel
i had removed for cooling purposes. reposition all the cables USB, HDMI,DVI.

Well i made everything look perfect, even painted my radiator box.
Then i go to turn the power on and POP goes the weasel, i mean my PSU,
it made a loud pop and the smoke came out of it. :cray:

Then i wouldn't power back on, i removed the side pannel thinking i shorted something
on the chassis when i reinstall it, checked all the wires, and all was good then i pulled out the PSU and check all the wiring and it was fine, so i know it wasn't my doing.

This is my fourth PSU, first one died after like nine months, had it RMA'ed the RMA unit was DOA sent it back i got a reconditioned one two months later it died the same way this one did, only difference that time all i did was turned the computer off the night before, then in the morning when i powered on the PSU with the PSU rear switch It Popped very loud and the smoke came out.

I had it RMA'ed and they sent me one with a very loud fan, i think they locked the fan on max speed to make it last longer, well it lasted like nine months, the suckie part is that it cost me about $35.00 to send this thing back to them. 🙁

The PSU is a PC Power And Cooling 1200 ESA i paid $600.00 for the darn thing. :swearing:

And to think i got me the most expensive PSU on the market to avoid this problem.
Now i'm sure i'll be waiting over a month to get it replaced.

Please send me some tissue paper.:crybye:

Posted : 12/06/2010 11:33 pm
fox
 fox
(@fox)
Renound

perhaps it's time to change PSUs. Damn, that sucks. Corsair is a good alternative..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2010 11:58 pm
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

Thats what i'm using now as a spare a Corsair TX850, i had it folding 24/7 for two months with two 295's and a shitload of fans, it ran like a champ.
Now it runs my folding Borg with one 295 water cooled and a bunch of fans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 12:20 am
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

Unlucky dudeee! Hope you get it sorted out soon :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 5:49 am
Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

Thats not cool 🙁
Hopefully you'll get it sorted out alright.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 7:15 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Sorry to hear man, that really sucks. Hopefully it won't take as long as you anticipate. 🙂

:cray:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 10:30 am
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

Well i submited the RMA hope i get an answer tomorrow, the sad thing that they going to start asking a million questions and stall for a week or more.

The PSU has a 7 year warranty but they stop selling that model and it took them two months to fix mine last time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 10:54 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Damn that does suck. PC Power & Cooling has been bought out by OCZ so yes all of those models have been out of production. And ESA isn't really in existence anymore - it isn't even on NVIDIA's website. Good luck with the RMA. Tackling a Corsair AX1200, Seasonic X-1200 or Antec HCP 1200 in the future would be a nice upgrade. As a matter of fact the $220 Antec TruePower Quattro 1200W is better than your PSU in every way. This goes to show how long power supplies have come. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 11:04 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Wow that's unlucky. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Anything go down with it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 11:42 am
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

I found what popped one capacitor took a dump.:x
Then when i was inspecting the wires and conectors for posible causes i found two pins on the 24 pin conector kinda burnt, so i thought my mobo died as well 😯 but i conected the PSU from my borg and so far it's working good.

dsc02152va.th.jpg
dsc02136co.th.jpg

I'm tempted to fix it myself.:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 12:41 pm
iiNNeX
(@iiNNeX)
GODLIKE

@Darken1 22708 wrote:

I found what popped one capacitor took a dump.:x
Then when i was inspecting the wires and conectors for posible causes i found two pins on the 24 pin conector kinda burnt, so i thought my mobo died as well 😯 but i conected the PSU from my borg and so far it's working good.

dsc02136f.th.jpg
dsc02152wn.th.jpg

Ouch ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2010 12:43 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Dam, that looks bad. How easy would the fix be?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2010 4:53 am
heimie
(@heimie)
Ninja

OUCH!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2010 8:18 am
wierdo124
(@wierdo124)
Jedi

The past couple years PCP&C has really gone downhill fast.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2010 9:29 am
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

PSU is back and this time i'll trow 3 295's at it and lets see how long it last Muahahahhhh. 😈

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2010 9:27 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: