Notifications
Clear all

Coolermaster High Air Flow X (HAF-X)  

RSS
Spartan
(@spartan)
Ninja

Been thinking about getting this case for a while, my room is quite tucked in, i have a carpet floor and the airflow is alright, not great. Not the best thing for a system like i plan to have.

I plan on doing some heavy overlocking on my system aswell, with my 480 but also on my very weaklooking i7. On my currrent system, i wouldn't dare as my temps (GPU) are:

51 Degrees C @ Idle. 50% Fan.

85 Degrees C @ Load. 65% Fan.

I want to drop that idle temp, i'll also be looking into cooling solutions.
The HAF X also has all the space i want (Plan to get a second GTX480 to SLi them).

Any ideas/Reviews/Suggestions/Recommendations welcome 😀 <3

Posted : 07/12/2010 3:51 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

That's an excellent case for high airflow. Normally I'd recommend a Silverstone RV02-E instead but not in your case since the RV02-E won't do well with carpeted floor, or with many aftermarket GPU coolers. But personally this case is on the top of my list.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112224&cm_re=pc-b70-_-11-112-224-_-Product

I require high airflow too so I'd just zip tie a pair of 120mm or 140mm fans onto the back of the HDD cage. This would give you a nice, powerful wind tunnel. I prefer classy cases like Lian-Li myself. No cheap plastic there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2010 4:11 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

That dude's voice is annoying.

EL GEEE A 1366

I plan to get the case myself 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2010 1:47 pm
Sonex
(@sonex)
Padawan

The HAF-X has great airflow and is super quiet. the only recommendation I have is to pick up several extra fans to put inside the case to push air out. It has a 230mm and a 200mm on the intake and 200mm and 140mm on the exhaust. It does pretty well but it has the ability to do alot better!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2011 5:20 pm
Share: